PDF Rasterization Slow On Creating Thumbnail

Aspose Runtime Version: v4.0.30319 (16.12.0.0)

When converting to PDF to PNG using the Aspose.PDF library, we're seeing a severe degradation in performance. It doesn't seem to happen on all PDFs, but the one we're having an issue with has a very high amount of detail in the PDF. (see attached file) Right now, when we convert this PDF, it is taking between 20-30 seconds for it to complete the conversion. I'm not sure if the level of detail in the PDF would be causing the issue, but could someone take a look and see if there is an explanation as to why we're having trouble with this file?

Thanks so much!

Jason Blackford

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that the performance of the API depends upon many factors to be noticed i.e. Structure and Complexity of input file, the version of API, the environment on which you are using API, the system configurations etc. The file which you have shared seems a complex file as Adobe Reader also takes sometime to render its contents completely.

Nevertheless, I have tested the scenario by converting your file into PNG with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.5 as it is recommended to use latest version and observed that it took 20-25 seconds to generate output.

However I have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-42798 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the scenario and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,