PDF Resizing and Format Conversion Questions

1) Can i use the API to scale a PDF down to a PDF which is 30% of the original PDF's size.

2) Can I also use the API to convert PDF images to monochrome bitmap (BMP) file format

3) Can I use the API to change some text in the PDF

I would like to automate these functions and thus if the API were able to offer these functions it would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.

amosoz:

1) Can i use the API to scale a PDF down to a PDF which is 30% of the original PDF's size.

You can optimize the size of PDF document using Aspose.Pdf for .Net. Please check following documentation link for the purpose. However if there is any difference in your requirements and my understanding then please share some more details about your requirement, sample input and output document will be very helpful in this regard.

amosoz:

2) Can I also use the API to convert PDF images to monochrome bitmap (BMP) file format

You can accomplish the task with collaboration of Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Imaging. Aspose.Pdf for .NET will help you to convert PDF to color BMP and then you can use Aspose.Imaging for .NET to convert the resultant image to monochrome BMP. Please check following documentation and sample code for the purpose.

Sample Aspose.Imaging for .NET code:

using (Aspose.Imaging.Image image = Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load(myDir + "sonic.bmp"))

{

//Initialize an instance of BmpOptions and set various properties

Aspose.Imaging.ImageOptions.BmpOptions outputSettings = new Aspose.Imaging.ImageOptions.BmpOptions();

outputSettings.BitsPerPixel = 1;

//Set the Palette property to an array of Colors that will replace the existing image colors

outputSettings.Palette = new Aspose.Imaging.ColorPalette(new[] { Aspose.Imaging.Color.Black, Aspose.Imaging.Color.White });

//Save the result to disc by passing instance of BmpOptions

image.Save(myDir + "output.bmp", outputSettings);

}

amosoz:

3) Can I use the API to change some text in the PDF

Please check following documentation link to search and replace text in a PDF document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,