We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF Result Compare

Hi guys,

I have done some tests with the PDF functionality for our customer requirements.
I know 2 Pdf-Engines are likely to generate diffrent outcomes but they should be very simular. That having said, there are a few issues that I have found. I have compared the excel pdf and the aspose pdf from the same excel document. All documents can be found in the appendix.
In the document “PDF_Print_Compare.pdf” you will find my comments on the individual differences. I have tested with the current Version 17.02.0 of Aspose cells.
I am fully aware that the fixed takes longer.

Thank you for your support.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file, output PDFs (by Aspose.Cells and MS Excel) and comparison PDF with details.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce all your mentioned issues except 1) on the first page of the comparison PDF.

Following issues are logged into the issue tracking system:
  • CELLSNET-45204 - The line is not rendered with 45 degrees with color missing
  • CELLSNET-45205 - The black line covers the green line - Excel to PDF rendering
  • CELLSNET-45206 - The numbers are far down than in the Excel PDF
  • CELLSNET-45207 - The text break is different than in Excel PDF
  • CELLSNET-45208 - The image is not displayed as in Excel
  • CELLSNET-45209 - The black line and the text is missing in the output PDF
  • CELLSNET-45210 - The shadow is missing in the rendered chart - Excel to PDF conversion
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(strFileName);
workbook.Save(“out1.pdf”);

Once we have an update on any of the above issues, we will let you know here.

PS. I am using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.2.8:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.02.8 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.02.8 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.
(please try it).

Thank you.

Hi,

Regarding the issue:
  • CELLSNET-45210 - The shadow is missing in the rendered chart - Excel to PDF conversion
I 'm afraid, Shadow is not supported in Excel to PDF rendering. To be precise, Shadow, Glow, Soft Edges and 3-D formatting effects are not supported for now. We may not support it in short time and will be supported in future versions.

Thank you.

Hi,

For the following issue:
  • CELLSNET-45206 - The numbers are far down than in the Excel PDF
It seems that MS Excel renders all numbers in row 18 with same base lines. I am afraid, we can’t fix it for now.

Thank you.

Hi,

Also,
  • CELLSNET-45207 - The text break is different than in Excel PDF
For text break, we can’t do exactly same as MS Excel does in every case. We can’t fix it for now.
  • CELLSNET-45209 - The black line and the text is missing in the output PDF
The rotated cell on the page break causes this issue, we cannot fix it for now.
  • CELLSNET-45205 - The black line covers the green line - Excel to PDF rendering
The thick green bottom border and the thin black left/right border are overlapping a bit, we cannot fix it for now.

Thank you.

Hi,

Regarding the issue CELLSNET-45204 - The line is not rendered with 45 degrees with color missing
Well, it is complex that a cell with color fill and borders rotates some degrees, especially the cell is on the page break. I am afraid we cannot fix it for now.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

Although we know that your PDF-engine will probably never be the same as the MS PDF engine it would be great if you could further optimize your PDF-Engine to produce nearly the same output results.

We are very happy with the progress that we have collectively made over the last months and look forward to keeping up the good work.

Thank you for your continues support.

Hi,

Yes, we are continuously enhancing PDF rendering engine and always try our level best to mimic the results generated by MS Excel’s PDF. Mostly your issues are open, so we might look into these issues in future releases later on.

Once we have any new information regarding any of your mentioned issues, we will share it with you here.

Thank you.

@moosbart,

For the issue “CELLSNET-45208”:
The image has “3-D Rotation”,“Shadow” and “3-D Format” settings. “3-D Rotation” is supported now. But other features are not supported yet. We are continuously working over the missing features.

Once we have an update on it, we will inform you.

Thanks you, for the infomation.
I test it as soon as possible.