PDF Signing with HSM Server Updates

Hi,

Re: Issue PDFNET-36714

I was wondering if there are any plans to implement HSM Server Signing with ASPOSE.PDF. I searched the forums for info on HSM Server Signing support and ran across this post:

Are there any updates on the feature/issue allowing the functionality to sign PDFs using a Cloud HSM Serivce Provider (i.e. Azure Key Valut, etc.)?

And/or do you have any additional information regarding this topic that could be helpful?

Thanks

@gadielrussell

Thank you for contacting support.

We are afraid that mentioned feature has not been supported yet, owing to previously logged critical issues and more important features. However, we have recorded your concerns and will let you know as soon as some significant progress will be made in this regard. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

Thank you so much. We’re unable to sign any documents using an Adobe Approved Trust List (AATL) cert with ASPOSE.PDF since they’ve updated their technical requirements. They’ve changed they way Digital Signing Certs have to be stored; they pretty much have to be on a physical or cloud-based HSM now.

I’m sure you all are aware of this already but since we love using the ASPOSE.PDF library we just wanted to re-iterate how this is impacting us and other customers who use ASPOSE.PDF to sign :slight_smile:

PDF 2.0 Spec: https://www.iso.org/standard/63534.html
AATL: Adobe Approved Trust List
AATL Doc (Latest 06/2017): https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/acrobat/kb/approved-trust-list2/_jcr_content/main-pars/download-section/download-1/aatl_technical_requirements_v2.0.pdf

Thank you for your quick response!

@gadielrussell

Thank you for the details.

We have recorded your feedback and will let you know as soon as some significant updates will be available in this regard. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-36714) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.2.