PDF to Excel conversion losing format, images

I am evaluating Aspose.PDF, trying to convert a well formatted PDF document into Excel workbook. It does not seem to be bringing in any formatting.

ExcelSaveOptions excelsave = new ExcelSaveOptions();
excelsave.setFormat(ExcelSaveOptions.ExcelFormat.XLSX);
Document document = new Document(“ABC.pdf”);
document.save(“ABC.xlsx”, excelsave);

Resulting .xlsx contains plain text. Is there a way to get the formatting (font,colors,styles) as well as images into Excel?

@redred

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share source and generated files as ZIP so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment. Before sharing requested data, please ensure using Aspose.PDF for Java 19.7.

I tried the same with Aspose.PDF 19.7 and results are the same. I have shared the files with you. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for looking into this!

generated_excel.zip (30.9 KB)
PDF_source.zip (183.1 KB)

Attaching once again…

@redred

Thank you for sharing requested data.

We have been able to notice the differences in generated files. A ticket with ID PDFJAVA-38763 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
I just want to confirm that once the ticket is resolved, we should be able to get fully formatted excel output, including images etc?

@redred

The issue has just been logged and needs further investigations. Once it is investigated, we will then be able to share further details. We have recorded your requirements of expected output and will keep you posted once the information will be available.