PDF to Excel long conversion

Hello!

I’m trying to convert this PDF (test_longtime.pdf (60.7 KB)) into Excel format. The processing takes a very long time (I’ve waited 30min and interrupted the process).

My code snippet is:

Document document = new Document("test_longtime.pdf");
ExcelSaveOptions excelSave = new ExcelSaveOptions();
excelSave.setFormat(ExcelSaveOptions.ExcelFormat.XLSX);
document.save("test.xlsx", excelSave);

Is there a way to improve the conversion time? Something wrong in this PDF? May be it should be preprocessed something in PDF before conversion?

Thanks!

@dyuzhev Your question is related to Aspose.PDF, so I will move your request into Aspose.PDF support forum. My colleagues will help you shortly.

@dyuzhev

We were able to replicate the issue in our environment. Therefore, we have logged it as PDFJAVA-42248 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate it in details and keep you posted with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali Thank you!

Any info relating to this issue?

@simonleventeattila

The issue has been resolved in the latest version of the API. We request you please try using 23.11 version and if issue still persists, please let us know. Now the conversion takes 2-3 seconds only.

Hi, using the 23.11 aspose-pdf version does not solve our issue. Our code snippet is the same as the original requester posted (using java). The document.save() operations execution time increases exponentially to the number of lines of the table.
aspose-pdf-save.png (24.7 KB).
Any suggestions ?

@IstvanS

Would you please share your sample PDF document with us? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Here is our sample PDF document :
Aspose-Issue.pdf (102.1 KB)

@IstvanS

We tested with 23.11 in our environment and conversion took 8 seconds during first run while on subsequent runs, it took 2-3 seconds. We tested under JDK 1.8. Can you please share what time are you noticing in your environment?

It worked using 23.11 after creating a new project (maybe my indexes were not updated, I need to investigate). Thank you!

@IstvanS

Sure, please take your time to test and investigate and feel free to let us know in case you need further assistance.