PDF to PDF/A conversion error

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose for our requirements, and am trying to convert a PDF document to PDF/A. The PDF document has some compliance issues, which I presumed will be corrected by Aspose.PDF during the conversion.

For the conversion, I am using ConvertAction.Delete, which I understood will delete any non-compliant content that cannot be brought into the PDF/A document.

The issue is that the PDF conversion fails and a PDF document is generated as an output. The log.xml file generated has listed several problems, but marked each of these as Convertable-true.

Can you please let me know are there situations when the PDF/A cannot be generated by Aspose, even on using the “delete problem objects” option? Also any specific set of such problems to watch out for?

It converts a smaller, perhaps simpler file ok though and I can validate it is PDF/A compliant.

Code below and the log.xml attached.

Document pdfDocument = new Document(filePath);
// Convert to PDF/A compliant document
//during conversion process, the validation is also performed
pdfDocument.Convert(“log.xml”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

// Save output document
pdfDocument.Save(“output.pdf”);

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes your assumption about ConvertErrorAction.Delete is correct, it deletes the objects those are impossible to convert. However, we will appreciate it if you please share your input and output PDF documents here, so we can look into it and guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,