PDF to TIFF using Aspose.PDF for .NET - Some field values are missing

@jcloughley

We have been investigating the earlier logged issue and found the reasons behind it. The issue is related to the font encoding during PDF to TIFF Conversion. Various sub-tasks have been created in order to resolve it completely and additional investigation/work is required to incorporate the fix. We will definitely share an ETA news with you as soon as all tasks are closed related to the ticket. Your cooperation and patience is highly appreciated.

We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience.

Hello,
Could you please provide an ETA on this item.
Thank you

@jcloughley

Regretfully, the earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved. We can only share a rough ETA at the moment and we are afraid that it may not be promising. The resolution of the ticket is expected to be done in August, 2021. We will surely inform you as soon as we have certain updates regarding tis resolution or ETA.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello,
Could you please confirm that this ticket is expected to be fixed in August.
Thank you

@jcloughley

The ticket is still scheduled for the resolution in August 2021. However, as shared earlier in this forum thread, this ETA may not be promising sadly. Furthermore, we are trying to complete the investigation of this ticket and come up with a reliable estimate. We will share with you as soon as we have additional updates in this regard. We highly appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

We apologize for the delay and your inconvenience.

Hello,
We have been waiting for way too long on this ticket and we’re not getting any updates on it. We need to understand why it is taking so long and we need it resolved.

@jcloughley

We would like to share with you that the issue has been resolved and the fix will be available in the 21.9 version of the API. Field values are rendered correctly now. The fix-in version will be released next month i.e. September 2021.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-49181) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 21.9.

Hello,
We downloaded the latest release and we see that the issue is not fully fixed. When you run the code once it works correctly but if you run the same code twice, the second time will reproduce the same issue we have seen before.

private ImageData RenderAsposePage()
{
// Using Aspose
var device = new TiffDevice(new Resolution((int)this.Resolution.X, (int)this.Resolution.Y));
try
{
// Do not enforce the color depth here, keep it as default
device.Settings.Depth = ColorDepth.Default;
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
// If we have an exception, we don’t want to rely on Aspose for conversion, return null to indicate this is no good
return null;
}

Could you please look into this.

Thank you

Hello,
Could you please look at my message from Oct 5th as I did not receive a response about it.
Thank you

@HFourati

Sorry for the delayed response. Can you please confirm if you have tested the scenario if same files which you already have shared in this forum thread so that we can further proceed accordingly?

Hello,
Yes I can confirm that the same file we sent will replicate the issue.
Thanks

@HFourati

We tested the scenario using below code snippet and generated the TIFF file twice from same PDF. We were unable to notice the issue in output images. Please check below code and sample files:

for (int i = 0; i <= 1; i++)
{
 var document = new Document(dataDir + "Vannelli Marco - Mise a jour.pdf");
 Resolution resolution = new Resolution(300);
 TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings()
 {
  Depth = Aspose.Pdf.Devices.ColorDepth.Default
 };
 TiffDevice tiffDevice = new TiffDevice(resolution, tiffSettings);
 tiffDevice.RenderingOptions = new RenderingOptions()
 {
  SystemFontsNativeRendering = true,
  UseFontHinting = true,
  ConvertFontsToUnicodeTTF = true
 };
 tiffDevice.Process(document, 1, 1, dataDir + "test21.10_"+i+".tiff"); 
}

tifs.zip (1.9 MB)