We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF to TIFF using Aspose.PDF for .NET - Some field values are missing

I have a PDF form that I’m converting to tif using the code below. Sometimes some of the values are missing in the fields in the tif. I cannot attach the PDF as it has sensitive information on the form. I haven’t been able to source a PDF that doesn’t have sensitive data.

private ImageData RenderAsposePage()
// Using Aspose
var device = new TiffDevice(new Resolution((int)this.Resolution.X, (int)this.Resolution.Y));
// Do not enforce the color depth here, keep it as default
device.Settings.Depth = ColorDepth.Default;
catch (Exception ex)
// If we have an exception, we don’t want to rely on Aspose for conversion, return null to indicate this is no good
return null;

        var pageStream = new MemoryStream();
        device.Process(m_parent.AsposeDocument, this.PageNo + 1, this.PageNo + 1, pageStream);
        pageStream.Position = 0;

         return new BitmapImageData(pageStream);


Could you please share the sample PDF document with us so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly?

The PDF itself has sensitive information on it which I cannot share unless it is with an Aspose employee. Is there a way to securely provide you a file without attaching it here in a public forum?


You can share the PDF file in a private message where this will not be visible in public forum thread and only Aspose Staff will have access to it. In order to send a private message, you can click over username and press a Blue Message Button.

Ok. I have just sent you the file as you described. When converting to TIF, the numbers in the fields at the bottom of page 1 will be missing. Specifically there is a value of 100 under CROSSANCE (bottom left). It doesn’t show after conversion. I suspect it is the same problem for all so understanding why one doesn’t show may be enough for all of them.


Thanks for sharing the PDF document in a private message.

We have tested the scenario in our environment while using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.12 and were able to notice the issue. On our side, the values were changed in the output TIFF.

test20.12.zip (978.8 KB)

Therefore, we have logged an issue as PDFNET-49181 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the reasons behind it and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there a way to see when this will be fixed? This came to us as an escalation from a customer via my support team. I’d like to be able to communicate back to set expectations.



The issue has recently been logged in our issue tracking system and is pending for investigation. It will be analyzed and fixed on a first come first serve policy. However, we will surely let you know as soon as a definite progress is made towards its resolution. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is the response from our customer. Please provide me an ETA on when this can be fixed:

I hope you are keeping well.

I have been asked to have the below issue (reference Ticket # above) escalated by our Senior Management.

The 3rd party vendor’s response that it will be worked on first come first served is not acceptable to us as this issue has been going on since August 2020. A fix was implemented in September (which we paid for) and the issue is still occurring. We are now a point where our Branch Managers and Advisors are impacted and are demanding status updates as to when this will be resolved and we have no updates to give them which is causing a great amount of frustration.

Please escalate this on your side; we would appreciate if you can ask your 3rd party vendor for an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved as it is impacting our day to day as well as our Advisors and Administrators.

I will be meeting with the Management Team next Wednesday, Jan 20th, and want to provide them with a status update that includes some movement towards a resolution that can be passed down to our Advisors and BM’s. I will follow up with you on Tuesday of next week if I haven’t heard back by then.


Please accept our humble apology for the trouble you faced due to the issue. We have recorded your concerns and escalated the ticket to the next level of priority. We will surely try to investigate it soon and share some ETA with you regarding its resolution. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.


We would like to inform you that your issue has been scheduled for investigation in 21.2 version of the API. We will further inform you once we have additional updates in this regard.

Ok. What’s the planned release date for 21.2?


It is scheduled to be released in the first week of February 2021.

Hello. We thought this release would be available on the first week of February and I don’t see that release yet. Could you please give us an update. Thank you


The 21.2v of the API is at its final stage to get released. It will get published during this week and as per the schedule, the investigation against your issue will be carried out in this version.

Thanks for the info.
I just would like to clarify what “the investigation against your issue will be carried out in this version”. Does it mean the issue will actually be fixed in this release? Thank you


We are afraid no. The issue will not be fixed in 21.2 version. We meant that we will perform investigation after the release of 21.2 version of the API and once analysis is done, we will share expected fix-in version of the API with you which will be higher than 21.2.

We were originally under the impression that the investigation would’ve happened by now and so we are disappointed We are getting tremendous pressure and dissatisfaction from our customer who is getting images with missing or invalid data and serious implications on their business. We need you to provide us as soon as possible with an ETA for when the investigation can finish and the release is expected. We have to be able to provide our customer with an ETA for a fix. We can’t over emphasise the severity of this issue on our customer and on our business as a result. Thank you


We really apologize for the trouble due to this issue. Please note that we are in process to finalize the upcoming release of the API and it would take some time to complete the issue investigation and share an ETA with you. As shared earlier, the ticket is scheduled to be investigated in 21.2v of the API and as soon as this version is published, we will process the ticket (PDFNET-49181) accordingly. We really appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Could you please provide us with a status update and an ETA on this issue’s resolution.
Thank you