Pdf/ua

Hi,

Our customer asks us about possibility to create PDF/UA files (from other files).

As i understand PDF/UA is based on ISO 32000-1
(PDF 1.7). It doesn’t add any new features to the PDF file format, but
makes some aspects required which are optional in PDF 1.7.

Is it possible to do it with help of Aspose libraries?
Am I right that Document.Convert() method with PdfFormat.v_1_7 parameter will not solve the issue?

Thanks.

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently PDF/UA is not supported in Aspose.Pdf. However we have already logged a new feature request for same in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to the issue id as well and will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

Moreover, yes you are right, converting a PDF document to PDF 1.7 will not produce the desired results.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Mikhail,

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, the feature requested earlier is logged as PDFNEWNET-34010. The issue ID is for your reference purposes.
tilal.ahmad:
However we have already logged a new feature request for same in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to the issue id as well and will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

codewarior:
the feature requested earlier is logged as PDFNEWNET-34010. The issue ID is for your reference purposes.

Thank you.
Do you have any estimates when this feature may be added to the Aspose product (in a week, month, year...)?

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently there is no planned ETA for the implementation of subjected feature due to other issues, already under investigation/resolution. However, we have requested our team to share an ETA. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,.
tilal.ahmad:
Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently there is no planned ETA for the implementation of subjected feature due to other issues, already under investigation/resolution. However, we have requested our team to share an ETA. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Best Regards,.

Hi.

Do you have any updates regarding ETA for this feature?

Our client wants to use it and at this moment he does not know how long it will take. If it is too much he will try to find other product for this feature?

Thanks.

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid we cannot share any ETA for the requested feature as currently the development team has other high priority tasks. However we will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards the feature implementation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Would you be so kind to provide us with status on the PDFNET-34010 issue?

Best regards,

Oleh

@uaprogrammer

We would like to share with you that this issue has been resolved. Please use Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.11 in order to use the fix. In case you face any issue, please feel free to let us know.