PDF viewer / editor

Hello,

I need a solution whereby my users are able to view the PDF from their browser, add an image… and then the end result is rendered in my server. Is this supported?

Regards,
Zhongcai

I found this … HTML5 PDF Editor | Create and Sign PDF Files Online | PDF Drawing Tool

But why isn’t this available for Java?

Can I assume that Aspose.PDF is a server side solution? And then above HTML5 browser editor sends the commands back to Aspose.PDF to render out the actual PDF? And that it is possible for me to use the open source HTML5 browser editor, and then amend it for Aspose.PDF Java? How hard is that?

@ngzhongcai

Thanks for contacting support.

Please note that HTML5 browser editor was just a demonstration of how you can use Aspose.Pdf rendering features in your web application, not a service or product of Aspose and it has been discontinued.

What it actually used to perform was, upload PDF documents to the server, convert them into Image format and display those images into a frame/canvas over client side. In case you want to render PDF documents in your web application, you can do the same while using Aspose.Pdf for Java. In order to convert PDF Pages into Image, please refer to “Convert PDF Pages” article(s) in our API Documentation. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for the reply.
Am hoping you can help me out conceptually a little more.
On a high level, I’m intending to use PDF.js to render out the PDF document on the browser side.
And then somehow capture the coordinates on the PDF whereby the user wants to embed his signature.
And then by a REST pipe, get Aspose Java to embed the signature onto the document.
Hopefully you can advise a little more on this approach and I may avoid potential pitfalls.

@ngzhongcai

Thanks for writing back.

As per my understandings, you do not only want to render PDF documents on client side but also perform some operations i.e capturing coordinates and adding signature field, in the rendered documents. Please note that Aspose does not provide any editing tools but APIs with which you can perform your desired tasks by using their methods in your code.

Furthermore, please check Java e-Signature APIs, offered by our sister company GroupDocs, which provides the feature to upload, type or draw signatures in your PDF documents. You may also use GroupDocs Viewer in your Java Web Application to view the PDF documents. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

1 Like