PDF X3 Standard Not Working As Expected

Hello Aspose team,

I’m currently using Aspose.PDF for .NET and I’ve noticed when doing the following,

var aPdfDocument = new Document();
aPdfDocument.EmbedStandardFonts = true;
aPdfDocument.Convert("some_random_pdf_log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_X_3, ConvertErrorAction.None);

I get a log file stating this:

<Compliance Name="Log" Operation="Validation" Target="PDF/X-1a:2003"><Version>1.0</Version><copyright>Copyright (c) 2001-2012 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.</copyright><Date>1/31/2019 9:20:16 AM</Date><file Version="1.7" Name="test.pdf" Pages="1"><Catalog><Problem Severity="Error" Clause="6.9" Convertable="True">The trapped key should be 'true' or 'false'</Problem><Problem Severity="Error" Clause="6.13" Convertable="True">The Title does not exists in Info dictionary</Problem><Problem Severity="Error" Clause="6.14" Page="1" Convertable="True">The page should include TrimBox</Problem><Fonts /></Catalog></file></Compliance>

The output is Target=“PDF/X-1a:2003” in the log file.

Could you advise if I am doing something wrong? Why does it show Target=“PDF/X-1a:2003” instead of PDF/X-3? Is the file not getting converted to X3?

How would I go about converting the file to the X3 standard?

@rdwright

Thanks for contacting support.

The log file contains the errors which API finds during conversion of PDF document and it removes them while generating PDF output. In case your output PDF is not compliant with desired standards, please share respective source PDF document with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I’m sorry - for PI reasons and client agreements, we can’t share the PDF with your team.

Is your team able to replicate this issue? Could you provide me some code or redirect me somewhere to perhaps correctly convert to the x3 standard?

I’ve received another PDF that does not have PI on it and have attached it @asad.ali.test_media (40).pdf (525.1 KB)

@rdwright

Thanks for providing sample PDF.

We were able to replicate the issue in our environment using Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.1. Hence, we have logged it as PDFNET-45986 in our issue tracking system for the sake of correction. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its rectification, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.