PDF417 barcode doesn't work for datasymbol

There is no way I can generate a PDF417 barcode with a very large string data to be recognized by DataSymbol scanner (https://datasymbol.com/). Only a small string can work. I think it’s not my code issue, because I tried Aspose online PDF417 generator(Generate Barcode Online), it gave me same result. And this only happens if the string is very big, can Aspose support give me some advice or it’s an Aspose bug?

1. You can increase numbers of error correction codewords
    Generate PDF417 Barcodes in C#|Documentation

2. You can setup numbers of rows and columns to make pdf417 more square

3. You can split data in pdf417 into multiple MacroPDF417 (if DataSymbol scanner supports it).

I had already tried out #1 and #2 before, I have to use “PDF417” not “MarcroPDF417”. As I mentioned before, I believe it’s not my code issue. Because I even tried out your official online PDF417 barcode generator, it also doesn’t work as well. However comparing with other online generators like (Free Online Barcode Generator: PDF417) and (PDF417 free code generator), their barcodes can be read correctly by DataSymbol scanner.

Could you provide:
1 Aspose.Barcode code with the string which is not recognized by DataSymbol scanner
2. Generated Aspose.Barcode image with the following string
3. Generated by Free Online Barcode Generator: PDF417 image with the following string

I have attached the barcodes(just in case, here is the URL of tec-it version: Free Online Barcode Generator: PDF417). Here is the sample string I used to generated these two barcodes:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PDF417_TecIt.png (18.7 KB)
Pdf417code_Aspose.png (2.1 KB)

@hengjin.yin
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-38608

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Ok, this is a bug with incorrect data padding (and error correction words positioning). I raised priority to the High and we should add fix to the May release (~20 May).

Thanks for your update, really appreciate your help.

@hengjin.yin,

You are welcome.

pdf417_Auto.png (952 Bytes)
pdf417_Columns15_ECC5.png (869 Bytes)

Here are image examples with fixed paddings. Will be added to May release.

Great, these two barcodes work for me. So we only need to update our nuget version, right? do you know what exact version it will be? Thx

@hengjin.yin,

Yes, we will publish Aspose.BarCode for .NET v23.5.

Hi, we are using “Aspose.Total for .NET” product, and I do see the latest version 23.5.0 on your website. But in Visual Studio Nuget manager it only gives most stable version up to 23.4.0? Do you know when 23.5.0 will be available in the VS nuget manager?

@hengjin.yin,

Aspose.BarCode for .NET v23.5 is on the cards. It should be available(both in relevant Downloads section and Nuget repos.) within the next 2-3 days or so. It also includes the fix of your issue (“BARCODENET-38608”). You will be notified once the new version is published.