PDF417 not recognized after upgrading to version 6.0

I just upgraded from version 3.6.1 (Build 2010.08.01) to version 6.0 (Build 2013.12.25).

The attached tiff file with a PDF417 barcode gets recognized without any problems in the old version, but does not work in the new version. I even tried applying BinarizationHints to no avail.

I also noticed that in the old version, it would recognize the PDF417 barcodes even if the image had been scanned with a 90 degree rotation. This no longer works in the new version.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for contacting support. I managed to replicate the problem of recognition failure. I’ve logged this problem under ticket id BARCODENET-33822 in our issue tracking system. We’ll keep you updated regarding the progress. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Normally, the read method auto detects the orientation of the barcode e.g. it’s quite possible to recognize a bar code having 90 degrees without setting orientation hint. We could notice auto detection even in the latest release of Aspose.BarCode 6.0.0. Anyway, we recommend our customers use the realistic settings as its impact on the performance and quality. You can share the problematic barcode images in the forum thread. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

What is the status of ticket id: BARCODENET-33822 ?

Will there be a new build with its resolution or will I need to wait until the next release cycle?

Hi Jose,

Thank you for asking about the resolution. I’m afraid. This issue is pending for analysis and not resolved yet. The current release (6.1.0) is in its QA phase. It will be released in the next week. Our development team has plans to include the fix of issue id BARCODENET-33822 in our future release of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.2.0. It is expected to be released at the start April 2014. It’s all depend upon if everything goes by plans. We will let you know once the issue is resolved.

Is there any news on the resolution of issue BARCODENET-33822 ?

Hi Jose,

Thank you for asking about the resolution. I’ve intimated our development team to share further details. As soon as any information is available from them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

**** IMPORTANT ****

I originally reported this issue on 2-25-2014 and I still don't have a solution.

The support experience for this product has been very unsatisfactory and my boss is already asking to start looking for an alternative product.

This issue needs to be escalated. Please advise when the fix is going to be available.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for asking about the resolution. This issue has been fixed in our latest release of Aspose.BarCode 6.2.0. Please refer to the download page here: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx

Please feel free to ask if you have any question regarding Aspose APIs, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33822) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.