PDFA: PPTX and One formats cannot be converted to PDFA/2a

Hi support,

I have .pptx and .one types of documents and I need to convert them to PDAF/2a but Aspose.Slides library does not provide option.

image.png (28.9 KB)

When I converted pptx to pdf and than pdfa/2a the conformance validation fails with following message.

image.png (77.1 KB)

I am using Aspose.Slides.dll version 20.8.0.0. Problematic documents are attached below.
Sample PPT (1).pdf (18.8 KB)

Help me in this regards.
Thanks

@Wahaj_Khan,
Thank you for the query. Unfortunately, Aspose.Slides doesn’t yet support PDF/A-2a conformance for PDF export.

Could you please clarify, how did you convert the document to PDF/A-2a format?

Hi @Andrey_Potapov
First converted PPTX to PDF (non-pdfa) and than PDF to PDFA. Following is the code that we used for this purpose.

Convert from PPT to PDF

using (FileStream CompressedFileStream = new FileStream(tempfile, FileMode.OpenOrCreate, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.None))
                    {
                        Presentation.Save(CompressedFileStream, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

long position = CompressedFileStream.Position;
                        CompressedFileStream.Seek(0, System.IO.SeekOrigin.Begin);
                        OutputFileBytes = new byte[position];
                        CompressedFileStream.Read(OutputFileBytes, 0, (int)position);
                    }

Convert PDF to PDFA/2A

using (FileStream CompressedFileStream = new FileStream(tempfile, FileMode.OpenOrCreate, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.None))
                {
                    PdfDocument.Info.ModDate = DateTime.Now;
                    PdfDocument.Convert(new MemoryStream(), PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
                    PdfDocument.Save(CompressedFileStream);
                    OutputFileBytes = new byte[CompressedFileStream.Length];
                    CompressedFileStream.Seek(0, System.IO.SeekOrigin.Begin);
                    CompressedFileStream.Read(OutputFileBytes, 0, (int)CompressedFileStream.Length);
                }

@Wahaj_Khan,
I added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-42675 in our tracking system. Our development team will consider implementing this feature.

It looks like you use Aspose.Pdf for converting documents to PDF/A-2a format. I moved this thread to Aspose.Pdf Product Family forum. The support team will help you with failing validation of output files.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

@Wahaj_Khan

Could you please verify the attached output PDF/A file using Adobe Preflight? It was generated at our end using 21.6 version of the API.

outputa.pdf (22.0 KB)

Hi @asad.ali following is the result from adobe preflight.

image.png (13.6 KB)

@Wahaj_Khan

We have logged an issue as PDFNET-50119 in our issue tracking system for the sake of further investigation. We will look into its details and let you know as soon as it is resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi support,
Any update on above issue?

@Wahaj_Khan

We are afraid that the earlier logged issue could not get resolved due to other issues in the queue logged prior to it. We will surely investigate and fix the ticket on a first come first serve basis and let you know as soon as we make some significant progress towards ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42675) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.11 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.