PdfCompliance.PdfA1b is obsolete ( Aspose.Words)

Hi! Our company is using your products to render PDF versions of different documents types ( DOC, DOCX, TXT, HTML, MSG, Excel files etc).
Last year ago with updates of our NuGet packages we have got a warnings by using aspose.Words.
The warning is:

PdfCompliance.PdfA1b’ is obsolete: 'PDF/A-1 have significant limitations which are removed in PDF/A-2. Please, use the PDF/A-2u compliance instead of PDF/A-1b.

Oke! I am studied good legacy about standarts and i am agree - i would like to use pdf/a-2 format .BUT
We are using Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Words, Aspose.Slides.Net , Aspose.PDF packages .

I must to deliver the same type PDF documents ( PDF/A-2 by example).

I have detected that enum PdfCompliance is not the same in all mentioned packages .

namespace Aspose.Slides.Export
{
    public enum PdfCompliance
    {
        Pdf15 = 0,
        PdfA1b = 1,
        PdfA1a = 2,
        PdfUa = 3
    }
}
namespace Aspose.Words.Saving
{
    {
        Pdf17 = 0,
        Pdf15 = 1,
        PdfA1a = 2,
        PdfA1b = 3,
        PdfA2a = 4,
        PdfA2u = 5,
        PdfUa1 = 6
    }
}
namespace Aspose.Cells.Rendering
{
    {
        None = 0,
        PdfA1b = 1,
        PdfA1a = 2
    }
}

And NOW is the QUESTION:

What is your suggestion towards rendering PDF using aspose.Words?
Why enum PdfCompliance are different in different Aspose Products packages?

Thank you !

@shubna

We would recommend you to use Pdf17 and compliance levels based on this standard: PdfA2a, PdfA2u and PdfUa1. For now we decided to keep obsolete PDF-A1 compliance levels because there were requests from our customers, who need to keep using this compliance levels.

Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Slides, Aspose.PDF and other Aspose produces are independent produces and are developed by independent teams. That is why there are differences in API and in PdfCompliance enum in particular.

1 Like