PdfFileEditor ResizeContents causes corrupted result

Hello,
I use the function ResizeContents of the PdfFileEditor to resize big PDF files down to DIN A3.
Everything works fine until we have a big PDF with a Annotation.
The function call doesn’t cause any error.
But when we open the result PDF with adobe reader, we get some errors and the Annotation isn’t visible anymore.

Do you have an Idea to fix these issue?

Best regards

Christoph Knottenberg

@christoph.knottenber

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please share a sample PDF document along with the code snippet, which you are using at your side. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

This is a sample PDF document along with the code snippet. The code snippet is the one of your Examples.

testpdf_annotation.pdf (86.0 KB)

' Create PdfFileEditor Object
Dim fileEditor As New PdfFileEditor()

' Open PDF Document
Dim doc As New Document("C:\temp\testpdf_annotation.pdf")

' Specify Parameter to be used for resizing
Dim parameters As New PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeParameters(PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeValue.Percents(10), Nothing, PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeValue.Percents(10), PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeValue.Percents(10), Nothing, PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeValue.Percents(10))

' Resize Page Contents
fileEditor.ResizeContents(doc, New Integer() {1}, parameters)

' Save document into new location.
doc.Save("C:\temp\testpdf_annotation_out.pdf")

@christoph.knottenber

Thanks for sharing sample document and code snippet.

We have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.10 and managed to reproduce the issue in our environment. Hence, we have logged this issue as PDFNET-43495 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the issue and keep you updated with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

Thanks for your help.
What do you mean with a little time?
How long does it take to fix the error?

@christoph.knottenber

Thanks for writing back.

Now that issue has been logged in our internal bug tracking system, so product team will investigate this as per their development schedule. As soon as we receive some definite updates regarding resolution progress of the issue, we will inform you. Please spare us little time.

@asad.ali

Can you please tell me until thursday a date on which this error will be corrected?
I need to inform my boss about this issue and he will only accept a certain date of correction.

@christoph.knottenber

Thanks for writing back.

Please note that our product team resolves every logged issue, but logged issues have been resolved on first come first serve basis. There are already other issues pending in the queue, which were logged previously than your issue and our product team will start an investigation against it as per their development schedule.

Furthermore, we have recorded your recent concerns and shared them with respective team as well. As soon as we receive some feedback from their side in this regard, we will inform you within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.

@asad.ali
We also have the same issue. Could you please share it’s status? Do we have the draft estimation on release date?

@tuandunguit

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been resolved yet and we are not in position to share any reliable ETA for its fix. As the issue has been logged under normal support model and there are other pending issues in the queue as well, which were logged prior to this issue. Our product team will definitely plan to fix the issue as per their development schedule. We will definitely provide an update as soon as we have some in this regard. Please spare us little time.

Hello Christoph,

I know it’s been a long time since you filed this issue, I have gotten this error too and submitted a bug. Have you ever found a work around for this?

I haven’t been able to get any commitment from Aspose as to when this will be fixed.

Thanks

Ed

@ejt66

Thanks for posting your concerns.

Please note that each issue possesses equal significance for us and we resolve every reported issue. However, issues are resolved on first come first serve basis. Since, this issue has been logged under free support model, its priority is low and it will be resolved after resolving other pending issues in the queue which were logged prior to this.

Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely consider them while investigating and resolving the issue. We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard. Please spare us little time.

I’m not feeling confident that this will be fixed since someone else reported the same issue almost year ago:

If I upgrade to paid support will this be resolved immediately?

@ejt66

Issues logged under paid support model use to have high priority and are resolved on urgent basis. We are investigating the issue and will let you know how soon it can be resolved, in case you move this ticket to paid support. Please give us little time.

@ejt66

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the issue and found that it needs additional investigations in order to have a reasonable ETA. If you upgrade the ES/PS Support, we will start further work over issue investigation but, we are not sure that it will be resolved immediately. We will inform you in case of any further updates.

Hi,

I’m using the latest version of Aspose PDF .net 18.7 and also getting the same issue on certain PDFs, when I check them in a validator (PDF Tools Online - Validate PDF) they come back as perfectly valid so be good if we could get an update on the fix for this.

Thanks

Si

@simon.fairey

Earlier logged issue is still pending for investigation due to large number pending issues in the queue. However, in case you are facing similar issue - would you please share your sample PDF document with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.