PdfPermissions

Hi!

I’m trying to allow “Document Assembly” on the output PDF document. Actually, I password protect the document and set few permissions:

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
PdfEncryptionDetails encryptionDetails = new PdfEncryptionDetails(string.Empty, “password”, PdfEncryptionAlgorithm.RC4_128);

encryptionDetails.Permissions = PdfPermissions.DisallowAll;

encryptionDetails.Permissions = PdfPermissions.Printing | PdfPermissions.HighResolutionPrinting |
PdfPermissions.DocumentAssembly;

pdfSaveOptions.EncryptionDetails = encryptionDetails;

Once I try to “combine” two pdf with acrobat pro, it asks for the password. Is there a way to allow document assembly without prompting for password?

Best regards,

Jsr

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12860. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Please note that document assembly option allows assembling the document: inserting, rotating, or deleting pages and creating navigation elements such as bookmarks or thumbnail images. When using RC4 40-bit encryption, this option is ignored and document assembly is allowed when ModifyContents is set.

It doesn’t allow to combine documents. Moreover combining documents in Acrobat Pro always require the owner password i.e. it is not possible to allow combining with permissions.

But you could add pages from other documents to the protected one (as specified in document assembly permission) if it is what you want.

The ‘Combine’ tool in Acrobat Pro creates a new document and copies pages from the selected documents. Copying pages from protected document is not allowed without owner password. On the other hand document assembly permission allows to insert pages to the protected document. So it is possible to insert pages from other documents to the protected one without owner password.

Best regards,