PDFs created with kulpurush font not rendering properly

I am using Aspose for Words .NET to create a document using Kulpurush font. The translator proofing this (I can’t read this!) is telling me that the fonts on the PDF are broken and unreadable. They do say that the Word version of the document is fine. I am attaching screen shots of both, the pdf versions do look kind of blurry. Any thoughts?

@davidszona Could you please attach your input and output documents along with problematic fonts here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Sure here you go, the final document is comprised of 5 templates in different languages, I’ve only provided the Bengali one giving us the trouble, let me know if you need them all.

kalpurush.zip (149.1 KB)

@davidszona The problem occurs because by default MS Word uses font open type features. Aspose.Words.Shaping.Harfbuzz package provides support for OpenType features in Aspose.Words using the HarfBuzz text shaping engine. You should enabling open type features to get the expected result. To achieve this you should add reference to Aspose.Words Shaping Harfbuzz plugin and use the following code to convert your document:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz.HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

out_harfbuzz.pdf (125.2 KB)

Will adding this change any of the other fonts that are in the same PDF?

@davidszona No, the changes should not affect other content in your document.