PDFs Generated By Aspose.Pdf with form field replacement are not valid PDF documents

I recently upgraded from PdfKit to Pdf, in order to address an error we were getting with certain PDF files (“Trailer Not Found”).

This problem seems to be fixed, but now we have a problem of equal magnitude. Now many PDFs that we replace form fields in are saved in invalid format. Either Adobe reader cannot open them or pages are missing from the middle and we can’t print them.

I’ve enclosed a zip file with the PDF template masters, the bad PDFs generated using Aspose.Pdf, a copy of my recent purchase of Aspose.Pdf, and the code I use to replace form fields using Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit. If you can find the mistake in my code file I’ll be very grateful. Assume the call to EvaluateTag just returns a string or a number. Tags in the forms in the templates are of the form {&Actor.Method} where Actor is an object in my software and Method is a method, field or property of the Actor.

Thanks very much. This is a time-sensitive issue, as we have a large team needing to generate many PDF legal forms each day.

Jeff

Previous thread is this:
<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–><span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>View the complete topic at: https://forum.aspose.com/t/103840

Posted By: shahzad.latif in Aspose.Pdf.Kit Product Family

Subject: Re: Trailer is not found

Hi Jeffrey,

I have tested this issue using the latest merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET and it
worked fine. I would like to share with you that we have discontinued
Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET and merged it into Aspose.Pdf for .NET. You may find
the details in this
. So, I would recommend you to use Aspose.Pdf
for .NET 6.3.0
, which is the latest merged version. If you still find any
issues then please do let us know.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Hi Jeff,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please accept our apologies for a late response.

We have tested your scenario and found your mentioned issue after an initial test in Aspose.Pdf for .NET component. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-31864. You will be notified via this forum post regarding any updates against your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan -

Thank you for confirming this issue. Do you have any idea when a fix will be available? I'm a software developer myself so I know it can be difficult to estimate times for certain issues, but if you can give me your best guess that will be helpful.

I've had to rollback to using Pdf.Kit, which means my investment of $1400 in Pdf upgrade is doing nothing at the moment, and that means we have the original "Trailer Not Found" issue with the same documents that prompted the upgrade in the first place.

Thanks for all your help!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Our development team is investigating your issue. I have requested the development team to share an ETA regarding the resolution of the issue and as soon as I get a feedback, I will update you.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for being patient. I got an ETA regarding your issue from our development team and hopefully, we will provide you the fix for this issue by January 2012. Please be patient and spare us time to fix your issue.

Hi Nausherwan Aslam,

Can you give me an update on the resolution of this issue? It is now January 2012.

Thank you!

Hi Nausherwan Aslam -

Can you give me an update on resolution of this issue? It is now 2012.

Thank you!

Jeff

Thank you for being patient.

Our development team is working on your issue and as soon as the issue gets resolved, we will update you via this forum thread. Also, I have requested the development team to share the latest updates regarding your issue. I will share them with you once I get a feedback.

Hi Nausherwan Aslam -

Thank you for your reply. Will you inquire about getting me a refund, or half the money back? Our company has lost a lot of money because the Aspose software does not work properly. For instance I received a note this morning:

Hi Jeff,

I wanted to see if there has been any progress on getting the Commonwealth Application for Massachusetts jobs to work? We haven’t been able to generate this form for several months now.

We need a quick resolution of this bug, and a refund of all or part of what we paid. Can you please make both of these happen?

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Jeff

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience,

I got a feedback from our development team and they are investigating the cause of your issue but they need some more time to identify the reasons for the issue. Please spare us a little more time to investigate / rectify your issue. I will update you again as soon as I get further updates from the development team. We are really sorry for this inconvenience and we are already treating this issue as a high priority issue at our end.

I have got the following feedback from our development team.

Initial document share by you doesn’t follow Pdf specification and is actually broken. But our development team was able to identify the issue and will be fixed in our next official version 6.7 (expected early Feb). Please be patient and spare us some time to rectify your issue and provide you a fix.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-31864) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.