PdfSaveOptions missing from Cells 18.3.0

I have updated to the latest version of Aspose.Cells (18.3.0) and the PdfSaveOptions class is missing? The documentation still referrs to this.

Is there an issue with the assembly or nuget package or has the PDF save options actually been removed from the latest versions of the Cells library.

@sandcastle,

Thanks for your query.

Well, PdfSaveOptions class is there in the APIs. Could you tell us which Aspose.Cells.Dll (from which folder) you are using in your project. For normal .NET versions, make sure you are using the library from any of the following folders under “\lib” directory (when you install from Nuget repos.:

• net20
  • net35
  • net40
  • net40-client

@Amjad_Sahi - both Rider and Visual Studio for Mac report that this class is missing.

I’m referencing Aspose.Cells in a netstandard2.0 library - below are some screenshots showing the issue:

The assembly reference:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_5.jpg (32.6 KB)

Missing reference error in Rider:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_2.jpg (16.2 KB)

Rider intellisense also cant find it:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_3.jpg (47.6 KB)

Project reference in net standard 2.0 library:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_1.jpg (78.8 KB)

Visual Studio for Mac showing class missing in Assembly:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_4.jpg (89.0 KB)

The nuget cache for Aspose.Cells:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_6.jpg (18.8 KB)

Missing from XML doco:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_8.jpg (203.8 KB)

Things I have tried:

• Removing the nuget package and re-adding from the project (both in VS for Mac and Rider)
  • Cleaning all local nuget cache (nuget locals all -clear)
  • Rebuilding the solution
  • Cleaning solution

Please advise what else you need to help me diagnose this issue.

@Amjad_Sahi - I have also written a script to reflect on the nuget assembly and it also show that there definitely is no type PdfSaveOptions in the assembly:

aspose-cells-pdfsaveoptions_7.jpg (118.2 KB)

image.jpg

The above screenshot also shows the exact scriptcs script that was used.

@Amjad_Sahi - My CircleCI builds using .Net Core containers are also reporting the same errors as my Mac - so the issue is not isolated to my machine.

@Amjad_Sahi - It looks like AutoFitColumns and AutoFitRows on the Worksheet class are also missing?

Missing from XML doco:

aspose-cells-autofit_9.jpg (25.9 KB)

@sandcastle

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description and found some of the APIs are missing. We have recorded this issue in our database for further investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-46041 - Some APIs like PdfSaveOptions and Auto Fit Rows and Columns methods are missing in .NET Core build

@sandcastle,

Furthermore, see the document on what features are supported in .NET Core in comparison for your reference:

@sandcastle

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-46041 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Are the updates included in 18.4? or will they be in a future release?

@sandcastle

Your issue has been closed as Resolved but version number is not mentioned so it automatically means next version i.e. 18.5. But it is quite possible that 18.4 already contains it. But we recommend you to wait for 18.5.