PdfViewer Component Missing from Pdf.Kit Demo?

Hello,

I am evaluating PDF.kit and PDF toolkits.

I installed “Aspose.Pdf.Kit_4.7.0.msi”.

I am trying to find the PdfViewer component so i can write a demo for viewing PDFs.

It is vital for my final decision if to buy the product.

I cannot find any component in the installed assemblies or the provided demos.

Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Hezi

Hi Hezi,

I would like to share with you that PdfViewer allows you to print the PDF files and decode the PDF pages to images. You can then view those images using any image control. I'm afraid, it is not a visual control which can allow you to view the PDF pages like Adobe Reader etc.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.

Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have future plans to implement a visual PDF viewer for .NET?

Hezi

Hi Hezi,

Can you please share whether you're looking for such a component for Web or Windows application? I would log a new feature request according to your requirement for our team to investigate and provide support in future versions.

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Hello,

I am now testing your toolkit in order to decide if to purchase it. I am also interested in the other formats such word and excel.

I was quite sure you have at least a Win Forms viewer for PDF and was sorry to understand you don’t have one…
Of course in addition to Win Forms we are also very interested in WPF / SilverLight viewer for PDF. We are now currently developing future versions of our software with these technologies.

I want to emphasize that i am not looking for a viewer which can just display PDF pages converted to images. I am looking for a fully featured PDF Viewer with capabilities such as text selection / copy and text search, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Hezi.

Hi Hezi,

I’m afraid, this kind of functionality is currently not supported. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-19735 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this requirement and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,