Percentage Values from excel to Gridweb mismatch

gawaskar_n:
Hi Team,

Still we are facing the issue in percentage inside Gridweb. Kindly help me on this issue.

Regards,
Gawaskar.
Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

I have tested your issue with the latest fix and found that your issue is fixed. Please see the following screenshot for your reference.

As you can see, cell is showing as 5.2% while editing it. So it is a correct behavior. Could you please recheck it and let me know your feedback.

Screenshot:

Hi All,

Still we are facing the issue in percentage after updating the latest dll inside our project, Might be we are missing some piece of part in latest dll.

Could you please post the sample project and with test data in Excel file, so that i can test and change it accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Gawaskar.

gawaskar_n:
Hi All,

Still we are facing the issue in percentage after updating the latest dll inside our project, Might be we are missing some piece of part in latest dll.

Could you please post the sample project and with test data in Excel file, so that i can test and change it accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Gawaskar.
Hi,

It seems, you have updated dll but not the acw_client directory. Delete your existing acw_client directory and replace with the new one which is given in this fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v2.7.13.2004

Hi Team,

We have uploaded sample project and still we are facing the percentage issue.

We have added the new dll and acw_client as per your suggestion.

Kindly test this project and give your comments.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project.

Your settings are quite ok. I was able to run your project and I found no issue at my system. Please see the screenshot below for your reference.

It seems, this issue is occurring on your system because of different browsers. Could you please share your browsers information and screenshots?. I would log your feedback and reopen this issue.

Screenshot:

Thanks for your update…

Can you please try deleting the values in particular cell with percentage symbol and then if you type new value say (15.20) then its goes to like 1520.00% in gridweb cell. but without deleting percentage symbol inside the gridweb cell its working good.

We are using Internet Explorer 8, and mozilla firefox with latest version.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and input.

We are able to observe this issue by following your steps.

Once, the value is deleted entirely and new value is inserted, it displays the same behavior as you stated. Without deleting, the GridWeb behaves correctly.

We have reopened this issue. Once, this issue is fixed or we have any other update for you, we will let you know asap.

gawaskar_n:
Thanks for your update..

Can you please try deleting the values in particular cell with percentage symbol and then if you type new value say (15.20) then its goes to like 1520.00% in gridweb cell. but without deleting percentage symbol inside the gridweb cell its working good.

We are using Internet Explorer 8, and mozilla firefox with latest version.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have investigated your issue further in depth and found that Aspose.Cells for GridWeb is actually doing fine as Ms-Excel is doing.

If some cell has percentage formatting and you delete its entire contents and then you double click it in Ms-Excel and enter 15.20, it will become 1520.00% which is same thing as GridWeb is doing. So it is a correct behavior.

Thanks a lot…!

But We compared with excel level when i change it from 15.20% its showing like 1520.00%, but if u notice in excel file cell level after deleting all the cell value when i type one value automatically percentage is coming up, and then the values are populating correctly like 15.20%.

In Aspose Grid Web if i delete all the values in cell and if i’m typing new value ‘%’ symbol is not automatically coming up. If percentage symbol come automatically while typing the values in cell level it will work as user friendly in Gridweb.

Kindly give your suggestion on this pls.

Regards,
Gawaskar.
Hi,

gawaskar_n:
But We compared with excel level when i change it from 15.20% its showing like 1520.00%, but if u notice in excel file cell level after deleting all the cell value when i type one value automatically percentage is coming up, and then the values are populating correctly like 15.20%.

In Aspose Grid Web if i delete all the values in cell and if i'm typing new value '%' symbol is not automatically coming up. If percentage symbol come automatically while typing the values in cell level it will work as user friendly in Gridweb.

Kindly give your suggestion on this pls.

Yes, we found there is a subtle difference in the behavior as pointed out this point. We need to check check if we can support it or not considering the web scenario barrier and after all we need to check if the performance does not take effect if we support this behavior.

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-41282" for it, we will check it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

Kindly provide update on this Error Logged issue CELLSNET-41282, if its resolved kindly provide us the latest dll at the earliest.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

I am afraid your issue “CELLSNET-41282” is not resolved yet. I have asked the relevant developer to update on it or share any eta if possible. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, we might not support your issue soon. I checked its status and your issue “CELLSNET-41282” is currently pending for indefinite time due to the complexity involved to fix it and some other important tasks (on hand) to be sorted out, so I am afraid, we cannot support it soon. It would be better to live without this minor behavior (of MS Excel) regarding % values on chrome, firefox and safari etc.

However, if in future there is any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi All,

Could you please suggest any workaround for Percentage Issue in Aspose Gridweb.Kindly update on this ticket CELLSNET-41282.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

Well, I checked the status for the issue: "CELLSNET-41282", it is same. It looks due to the complexity involved the issue might not be sorted out or atleast won't be sorted out in near future. We don't have any workaround either at the moment, if we find any, we will let you know here. It would be much better to live without this minor behavior (of MS Excel) regarding % values on chrome, firefox and safari etc.

If, in future, we have any update on it, we will let you know here immediately.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Team,

Kindly please update in this ticket "CELLSNET-41282".

This is a high priority issue for IFC's projection model implementation and its proving to be show stopper for the roll, please take this as priority.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

Well, as your issue “CELLSNET-41282” involves more complexity, so as I said earlier, we may not sort it out or soon. The issue demands lots of time and resources which we might not use due to other important and priority tasks on hand.

Anyways, I have logged your comments against your issue into our database.
If we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

I think we got an update (something good for you) on your issue/custom requirement “CELLSNET-41282”, as we are working over your issue and we hope we can provide a fix that would support your desired feature/requirements. The supported version might be available before the end of this week or in the next week or so.

Please keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb

We have implemented the enhancement required in CELLSNET-41282.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.2.7.18.2002 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan