Performance and Quality Issues with PPT to PDF conversion

Hello,
We have been having memory issues with our implementation of Aspose and decided to try performance testing several different versions to compare our options for upgrading. Please find attached the results. We were wondering if you could make any comment on both the performance differences for large vs small files. (“samplefile1.png”) The sample file is included, it is medium size based on the type of files we normally see. (“samplefile1.ppt”)
In addition, in testing the output pdfs from the three tested versions, it seems there is significant degradation of the integrity of the conversion in the latest version (17.12). Please see the “out.XX.X.pdf” files for version comparisons, and the “pdf comparisons.docx” file for highlighted differences. Can you confirm that this is expected? We are also attaching my source testing code (“Program.cs”). Are we missing options for the latest versions that would improve the pdf quality?
We are going to test versions performances with a much larger file, but in the meantime we’d like to get some feedback on our findings so far.
Thanks.Telligent_AsposeResearch1.zip (1.8 MB)

I’m having some trouble uploading the sample files due to size. I attached the research files to the original post. Here’s a link to download the sample files (~50MB):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N8TCudISwMmpgIms5Psf0bycf6ZOdsV_

@kcunningham,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.12 and unable to observe the issue. I have also shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. Can you please share environment details with us so that we may further investigate to help you out. You can download generated result from dropbox link.

Did you look at the file after it was generated and compare it to the ppt itself? There are noticeable differences. Did you look at the attached “pdf comparisons.docx” file included in Telligent_AsposeResearch1.zip? There it clearly shows the differences in conversion. I will attach the comparisons file again. Please look at your pdf and you will see the same issues.

I’d recommend you test with some older versions (I used 14.3 and 15.5) and compare for yourself.pdf comparisons.zip (1.7 MB)

Can you also share your statistics for memory consumption while converting the file? We are seeing high memory usage, as you can see in the graphs attached to the first post.

@kcunningham,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.12 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39668 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

Has this been reviewed any further?

@kcunningham,

Can you please try using latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 19.7 on your end and share your kind feedback.