Performance issue converting Word with images to PDF and IComparer error

I am evaluating Aspose Total for use in our product. I have found that it takes 9-10 seconds to convert a Word document containing both text and images (size of 2.5MB) to a PDF. Is this expected performance? I am doing as simple as possible, create the document and save it.

I am running a temporary licensed version.

Also, I have run across the following error when converting certain word documents. These documents have been converted from a Crystal report to Word prior to using Aspose to convert the Word document to PDF.

"Unable to sort because IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent result. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. IComparer: 'System.Collections.Comparer'."

Thanks, I hope you can provide direction on the performance issue, 10 seconds is not acceptable for our use. The IComparer issue is of less importance.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for considering Aspose products.

Well, the bottom line is that the processing time fully depends on your documents and their complexity. When you convert a Word document to Pdf format, Aspose.Words builds the page layout of the document. In general, the process of building layout model is not linear it may take a minute to render one page and may take a few seconds to render 100 pages. Also, Aspose.Words has to create APS (Aspose Page Specification) model in memory and this may again eat some more time for some documents. We’re always working on improving performance; but, rendering will be always running slower than simple saving to flow formats (Docx, Rtf etc). It is expected behaviour.

Secondly, could you please attach your input Word documents (.doc/.rtf files etc) here for testing? I will investigate the issue(s) on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,