Performance Issue with Windows Server 2008

Hi - we have been using Aspose.Words and PDF in our hosted web solution for creating merge forms. When converting from word to pdf with a document that has images, we are seeing a significant performance hit now that we have upgraded our platform to Windows Server 2008. Can you please help us here? We are using version 3.5.8.0.

Thank you,

Suzanne

Hello Suzanne,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf 3.8.0.0 and in case the performance issue still persists, share the sample word document, so that we can test the issue at our end.

Hi, thank you for your response. When I tried the newer version of the dll it didn't work at all, and when merging to word I got a message about it being an evaluation copy. ( I have a new license ). Please find a word doc attached that I can't merge to pdf.

Here is the code we are using:

case DocumentFormat.PDF:

MemoryStream documentStream = new MemoryStream();
// Save the document in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format.
document.Save(documentStream, SaveFormat.AsposePdf);

// Read the document in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format into Aspose.Pdf.
Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();
pdf.BindXML(documentStream, null);

// Instruct to delete temporary image files.
//pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = true;

//Enable the caching of True type font map on disk
pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = true;

//Set the path of True type font map file
pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = System.IO.Path.GetTempPath();

// Produce the PDF file.
pdf.Save(outputDocumentStream);

Hello Suzanne,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Words 5.3.0.0 and Aspose.Pdf 3.8.0.0 and I am able to generate the Pdf file successfully in less than 3 seconds. I am not sure why you are facing the problem. Please make sure your license a subscription allows you to upgrade to these versions. If you are still not sure about the subscription dates, please share the license file with us. Visit the following link for information on How to send a license?

I have attached the resultant Pdf file, please take a look.

Hi - I've upgraded to both versions without issue but am still seeing a performance issue. Are you testing on a windows server 2008 environment?

Thanks,

Suzanne

I believe I’ve narrowed the issue down to where we are building the documnet. I will post in the Words forumn.