I am having licenses for both .Net Core and Java for Aspose.PDF package to cater for some business needs of my organization.
I have a code which converts a 69 page PDF document to individual page TIFF files in parallel, both in .Net Core and Java.
The performance which I see is VERY different. When I run this code, following are my observations -
.Net Core - 19 seconds
Java - 90 seconds
I have attached code for both platforms. Please note -
- For obvious reasons, I’ve not attached license file. Please use license file and update the path in code accordingly.
- I am using Windows 10 operating system with 4 cores and 16 GB RAM.
- I have also added sample 69 page PDF in both for which I am executing code.
- After building .NetCore code, create an “output” folder manually in bin folder before running code.
- Please correct the input and output path as per your system.
Looking forward for your response and why we see such difference - or we are missing something here.
Thanks and Regards,
Deepak Agarwal.AsposePDFtoTIFFDotNetCore.zip (420.7 KB)
AsposePDFtoTIFFJava.zip (419.3 KB)
We have managed to notice the performance differences while testing the scenario using latest version of the API. Therefore, we have logged an issue as PDFJAVA-39616 in our issue tracking system for detailed investigation. We will further look into its detail and keep you posted with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and give us some time.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Do we have any updates on PDFJAVA-39616?? We are still facing the slowness issue in our application and would like to have a solution for it.
It is sad to inform you that the earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved as it was related to API performance and complex in nature. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you once any significant progress is made towards ticket resolution. We humbly apologize for the delay and the inconvenience.