Performance problem on loading and saving PDF document

In my scenario I simply load the PDF document, change a single data field and save it.

This process takes 45 seconds on my testing device (Panasonic JT-B1), the document is pretty simple ~135KB size.

Is there any way to speed up this process?

Here is my code:

// Open a document

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(new FileInputStream(inFile));

// Get a field

com.aspose.pdf.TextBoxField textBoxField = (com.aspose.pdf.TextBoxField)pdfDocument.getForm().get(“mm2_Tenn-1”);

// Modify the field value

textBoxField.setValue(“Updated Value”);

// Set field as read only

textBoxField.setReadOnly(true);

// Save the updated document

pdfDocument.save(new FileOutputStream(new File(issuePdfFolder, fileName)));

Hi Bartek,

Thanks for your inquiry. Normally processing depends upon the fine contents/size and system resources. Please share your sample PDF document. We will test the scenario at our end and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Bartek,

Thanks for sharing the source file. After initial investigation, we have logged an investigation ticket PDFANDROID-236 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Is there already any progress regarding PDFANDROID-236 issue?

Best Regards,
Bartek Teodorczyk

Hi Bartek,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid you reported issue is still pending for investigation due to the issues already under investigation/resolution. However, we have requested our development team to investigate and share an ETA at their earliest. We will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Bartek,

Thanks for your patience.

We have made some improvements in API in recent release of Aspose.Pdf for Android 1.7.0 so we suggest you to please try using the latest release and in case you still face any issue, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFANDROID-236) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Android 16.12.0.