"Permission Denied" Error when Converting Presentation Slides to Images in C++

Hi

I’m writing a PHP extension. I’m calling a CPP function from PHP, which executes this line:

SharedPtrSystem::Drawing::Bitmap bmp = _slide->GetThumbnail(scaleX, scaleY);

It runs fine when I call it from CLI (e.g.: php test.php)

But when running under Apache, the above code throws this exception:

boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: “/root/.fonts”"

I’m not trying to access /root/ at all and like I said, the same code works in the CLI… so this is strange.
Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

@gtamas

Sorry for the inconvenience. It seems like the fonts are being accessed from the root folder that’s why this issue is occurring. Let’s investigate this matter and we’ll get back to you shortly.

@shahzadlatif

Thank you!

This must be related to Apache or running under a web server somehow, because it works fine in the CLI.

Anyway could you advise regarding this other issue?

ChartDataCell - how to update value?

I can’t find any help in the docs.

Thanks in advance!

@gtamas

I have shared the response for your convenience over following thread link.

For your first case, we are investigating on our end and will get back to you as soon as possible.

We need to investigate this on our end and for that a ticket with ID SLIDESCPP-2738 has been created in our issue tracking system. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be addressed. As a workaround you can try to comment following line in file /etc/fonts/fonts.conf on your end as It may help to get rid of the exception on your end.

<dir>~/.fonts</dir>

HI

OK Thank you! The workaround solved it for now.

@gtamas

It’s good to know. We will keep you posted as soon as it will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESCPP-2738) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool