PersonalStorage.ExtractMessage and multi-threaded

Hello @kashif.iqbal ,

Is there any update about this issue? It would be great if this function would be thread-safe.

xpavciak

@xpavciak

The issue EMAILNET-33470 was closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution.

Could you please share some more detail about the issue that you are facing along with input documents and code example to reproduce your issue at our end? We will investigate it and provide you more information on it.

We open the pst file and after that we going through messages in a loop. We extract a message and according its properties we upload it to exchange server and to our database.
The ExtractMessage is a botteneck in our case.

I was trying to fix it a year ago. My solution was to split the pst file to more smaller files like here: Splitting and Merging PST files|Documentation
But I got en exception Object reference… even if this would work I was not sure if the splitting won’t be slow.

@xpavciak

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input PST file.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.