Pie Chart DataLable Overlap

Hi,

I’m facing the issue that Pie chart datalabel will be overlap if the text is too long.

Attached is a sample project that shows my issue, the datalabels is overlap.

Btw, the limitations of Pie chart in my project:
1. Pie chart width and height is fixed (width=15cm, height=9cm).
2. Plot width and height is fixed (width=2500, height=2500)
3. Pie chart should be always placed at center (vertical center and horizontal center)
4. The datalabel text is dynamic (long text or short text).

I have tried a lot of ways, including set DataLabels.X or DataLabels.Y manually, which should not be the best way. Any of your advice is much appreciate.

Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.3.

I have tested with your project, it works fine, the data labels are not overlapped which are fine, see the attached screen shot of the output image.

Thank you.

I’m sorry that the demo makes you confused.

The issue is that the main body of the Pie chart is not vertical & horizontal centered, therefore I have to set DataLabels.X and DataLabels.Y manually to ensure the Pie chart is placed in the center of the image. But if I do so, the datalabel is overlap.

The main point is how to config Pie chart settings to draw the image that meets the following requirement:

1. Pie chart width and height is fixed (width=15cm, height=9cm).
  2. Plot width and height is fixed (width=2500, height=2500)
  3. Pie chart should be always placed at center (vertical center and horizontal center)
  4. The datalabel text length is dynamic, but should not be overlap
Please let me know if you have any question, Thanks.

Hi,

Well, we follow MS Excel standards when creating charts by Aspose.Cells API. Could you create your desired chart with your desired settings in MS Excel manually, attach the file here, we will check it soon. Also provide us details and steps involved on how you could accomplish the task in MS Excel with your mentioned restrictions. This will help us to understand it better. We will evaluate your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have updated the sample Application, please see the attachment.

You could find the Pie chart is set at the center of the image, while the datalable is overlap. However, when exporting the Pie chart to Excel, the datalable looks fine.

Please also note the file TPie.vb line 39-47, which maybe help you to understand me better, thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with details.

After an initial test by running your sample project, the exported image has data labels overlapped as you mentioned. If we simply save to XLSX file format, the data labels are fine in the rendered chart. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41725” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Any update from there?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. We have however logged your comment in our database. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have analyzed your issues in details. The issues for placing data labels of Pie chart to suitable position are too complex to be supported. We cant fix it now.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.2.4
We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-41725 regarding pie data labels overlapping.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41725) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.