Pie Chart generation

Hi,

I am planing to generate Pie charts using Aspose tool, I am able to find JDK 6 code but my requirement is to generate Pie charts using JDK 4. Can you please provide url to get the aspose components to get jdk 1.4 compatibility. Which one best for Pie chart Generation(Aspose.cell or Aspose.reports).

Thanks,
Rama.

Hi,

Well, Aspose.Cells for Java create native Excel charts that can be directly edited opening it into MS Excel, where as Aspose Report would create Non-Excel sophisticated charts for which you may take image of the chart.

Aspose.Cells for Java provides standard set of API that would work equally fine for both JDK1.4 or JDK5.0 or greater versions. So, using JDK1.4 would not make any difference. We provide Aspose.Cells for Java jar files for both JDK1.4 and JDK5.0. All you needs to do is to pick/use Aspose.Cells for Java version’s jar file for jdk1.4.

Thank you.

Hey Thanks for you reply, Here is the my requirment. Generate the Pie chart and get the image of pie chart and inject that into PPT. I have Slides licences and planing to buy Aspose.Reports and I downloaded Aspose.reports but not able to find the JDK1.4 supported components, Can you please provide url to download Aspose.Reports. One more question is which one best to suit my requirment (Aspose.cells, Aspose.reports and Jasper reports).

Thanks,
Rama

Hi,

“Here is the my requirment. Generate the Pie chart and get the image of pie chart and inject that into PPT.”

Well, Aspose.Cells can implement your requirement, the product supports to convert an Excel chart to image file too, see the topic: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/converting-chart-to-image.html

“I downloaded Aspose.reports but not able to find the JDK1.4 supported
components, Can you please provide url to download Aspose.Reports”

Please post a query to Aspose.Report forum for your requirement, Aspose.Report team would help you soon.

“One more question is which one best to suit my requirment (Aspose.cells, Aspose.reports and Jasper reports).”.

I think Aspose.Cells for Java and Aspose.Report (Java) both can suit your requirements. The main thing is if you need to create and take native Excel oriented charts, then you should use Aspose.Cells for Java, else Aspose.Report product. The choice is yours.

Thank you.