Pie Chart in Cells for Reporting Services

I’m trying to create a pie chart in Cells for Reporting Services with no success. I’ve created bar graphs by following the documentation but it does not work for pie charts. Are pie charts supported?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services supports pie charts. Please see the attached files for reference.

Thank you & Best Regards,

Hi,

I cannot open the RDL file that you sent in either Excel 2007 or 2003. I get no errors - it just does not open. I have uninstalled the previous client and installed the latest version from the web site. Your email mentions an attached fix but that was not attached.

Thanks,

Berl

Hi,

We have tested the RDL file. The RDL file is normal.

Please try the attached version, If the RDL file cannot be opened properly with the attached version, please modify Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices debug parameter in configuration file and post log file here.

Following are the steps to generate the log file:

1. Open Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.XML file.

2. Setting logger parameter. .

3. Re-run Ms Excel.

4. Open, publish and review the RDL file through Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices Client.

5. Check the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices log file. The log file in ${Installation Path} direction.

Hi,

I have installed the new software version and it has broken some of my reports. An example is attached. Cells H13 and H14 now give errors where before they worked.

I believe the previous version that we were running was 1.1.1.3 which is not on your download page.

I have not gotten as far as testing the pie charts since this issue makes reports that are used daily useless.

Also, I cannot open RDL files except for opening them from the server. I turned on debugging per your instructions. The log file is attached.

Thanks,

Berl

Hi Berl,

Thank you for providing us the generated log file. we will figure out the issue and get back to you soon.

Is there any progress on this? I still have user reports that do not work properly.

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.

Well, there was an issue with the dynamic formulas and we have fixed it. Please try the attached latest fix.

Hi,

Thank you for that fix.

My problem now is in working with charts in Excel 2007, saving and exporting as xlsx, some of the chart formatting is not carried through when exporting.

The things that I have tried that do not work are:

1. alignment of labels and assignment of a gradient fill to a data series in bar charts.

2. 3-D format bevels in pie charts.

Thanks,

Berl

Hi,

At present, Aspose.Cells doesn’t support all Excel 2007 3D charts. Please post your template (.xlsx) file, so we can check it and resolve it soon.