Pivot Charts

Good afternoon!

This may have been addressed before, but the only references I can find are really old. Can someone tell me if there is a way to move a pivot chart from one worksheet to another using aspose? Currently, I am looping through a dataset and creating/copying a pivot chart for each set on separate worksheets. I would like to then move the charts on to a single worksheet in the workbook. Is this doable?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, this feature of copying/moving chart from one worksheet into another worksheet is not available.

However, if you need this feature, then we may add a New Feature request for it in our database. We will then investigate it and implement it in our future versions.

Thanks for your reply. I feel as though this would be a beneficial feature if other users also express the need for it. I’m fairly new at working with Aspose.Cells, so you may be able to tell me this instead: since the charts cannot be moved, is there a way to dynamically create these charts on the same tab at run time? I need to create up to 10 small pivot charts, place them on the same tab and each chart have a different filter applied.

Another issue I have encountered is that I’ve formatted a pivot chart in the Excel template, but when rendered in the final report, areas of the chart are overlapping other areas. Do you know why that would happen?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We will evaluate your requested feature in the perspective of Microsoft Excel and add it in our database and update you asap.

Yes, you can dynamically create your pivot tables and pivot charts. You can see an example sample code relating to it in this article.

( Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts|Documentation )

For your chart formatting issues, please create a separate thread with your sample code, output excel file containing your charts and the expected output excel file which you can create manually using Microsoft Excel. We will then investigate your issue at our end and update you in the same thread. Thanks for your cooperation. Have a good day.

Thank you for the information! One last question: when creating charts dynamically, will I be able to create combo charts?

Hi,

Thanks for your question and using Aspose.Cells.

Do you want to create combo box or drop down inside your chart? Or combo chart is some specific chart if yes then please provide us some such example chart by creating it manually using Microsoft Excel and also let us know the steps you took to create it.

If you need to add combo box inside the chart then please use the Chart.Shapes.AddComboBox(), you can see the sample code in this article for your reference.

( Managing Controls|Documentation )

I can get you an example soon, but if you go into Excel, select some data and click on charts, there is an option for a combo chart. It’s a chart that displays the series of data in different ways. E.g. one series is a line, one series is a column, etc. In my case, I need to create a combo chart that contains 3 series of data displayed as line and one as column.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I did not see such an option in Microsoft Excel 2010. Are you using Microsoft Excel 2013? I think, you want to create a chart with different series type. The following article explains how to create a custom chart that combines column and line series together in a single chart.

(Customizing Charts|Documentation)