Pivot table calculated fields not getting refresh on updating data source?

Pivot table contains the calculated fields and I am updating pivot data source and than refresh and calculate the pivot table but still the pivot table is not getting refreshed. Only row lables and column lables are visible and the rest of the body is blank.

@Amjad_Sahi

can you please help me with this?

@vbAspose,

Could you please provide us sample code (runnable) and sample files to reproduce the issue on our end. We will check your issue soon.

@Amjad_Sahi

I cant share the file but I can share the code. Will that work ?

@vbAspose,

To evaluate your issue precisely, we need your complete sample (runnable) code (Java Program) and sample Excel files (input file (if any) and output file). You should reproduce the issue in a separate Java (console) application with an Excel file (having dummy data) and then provide the sample code (runnable) and sample file(s) to demonstrate the issue for our reference. We will check your issue soon.

@Amjad_Sahi

I am facing an new issue when I load the file and fetch the pivot table and call pivotTable.calculateData() I am getting -

Indent level must be between 0 and 250.java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Indent level must be between 0 and 250.

Any idea how can I fix this?

@vbAspose,

We are not sure about your issue. So, to evaluate your issue precisely, please zip and attach your Excel file with sample code snippet, we will check it soon.

@Amjad_Sahi

original_file.zip (8.7 MB)
jigsaw-excel-service.zip (3.4 MB)

I am attaching a sample excel file and sample code which is a simple maven setup.
The issue I am facing is -

1. when I update the pivot data source and refresh the pivot table the label filters and value filters are not working after updating. When I open the file and refresh manually at that time it works.

I have created a template file from original file and in my code I am Updating the template file and from the template file a prepare.xlsx file is created in which I am facing the above issue.
When I parse the pivot data dynamically from the file I am getting the previous data only.

Please have a look on my issue and also can you please make this thread private because the sample file attached is confidential.
Thank you

@vbAspose,

Thanks for the resource files.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample files and code. I found Pivot table calculated fields are not refreshed on updating data source. When I do refresh manually in MS Excel (for output file), it works ok. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-44700” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@Amjad_Sahi

Thanks for looking into my issue.
Can you also have a look that the label and value filters are too not working on updating in output file.

@vbAspose,

I checked and tested by opening the output file into MS Excel manually. I set filters for different pivot tables in Summary sheet and it works ok. Could you elaborate on it and provide more details and screenshots for this issue. We will check this issue as well.

@vbAspose,

We have further studied this issue in details. At present, we do not support sorting PivotField according to the calculated field. For managing issues accurately, we have created a new ticket “CELLSJAVA-44721” to trace new feature. We are supporting this new feature soon.

@vbAspose,

This is to inform you that your issue(s) have been resolved now. The fix will be included in the next release (Aspose.Cells for Java v22.7) which is scheduled in the first half of July 2022. You will also be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-44721,CELLSJAVA-44700) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Peyton.Xu

@Amjad_Sahi

Thank you for resolving my issue. Was stuck on this from many days. Will give it a try

@vbAspose,

Please take your time to evaluate the new version/fix. Hopefully it will figure out your issues.