Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Pivot table Data source change will cause problems

Hi,


There seems to be a big difference between how an opened Workbook recognizes a pivot tables’ data range.

in version 7.4.0.0 - a pivot range of e.g. MAIN_TABLE in an existing excel file stays stays as MAIN_TABLE when the Workbook is opened.

in version 7.4.2.3 - a pivot range of e.g. MAIN_TABLE in an existing excel file stays changes to the data source’s range so MAIN_TABLE becomes Sheet1!$A$1:$K$700. It took a while for us to find this problem as we have have put aside work on pivot tables since it was working well with pivot ranges equal to the source table’s name.

This is causing a need for a big change in how our application refreshes dynamic source tables.

Could someone suggest a work around for this please? if the range stays as e.g. Sheet1!$A$1:$K$700 then we can no longer work with dynamic tables (That is a big drawback).

I have attached a small project, please try Aspose.Cells v7.4.0.0 and v7.4.2.3 separately, opening the same excel file (testFile3.xlsx). if you look at the Data Source of the pivot table in “sheet1” opn debug mode, you’ll see what I mean.

Thank you

Hi,


Thanks for the sample project and template file.

I have tested your project with your template file to generate the output file. We need to investigate it thoroughly if this is expected behavior (as per MS Excel standards) or an issue with the product. We will do it soon.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41569” for the issue, our concerned developer will look into it. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,


I have tested the mini application today and it seems that it is acting differently from that excel file I sent yesterday.Could you use the mini application on this new excel file which is populated with dummy more records.

I thought it would help let you know the exact point in that mini project when the value changes differently.

Aspose.Cells v7.4.0.0 -
In “Form1.cs” line 32 code: Workbook wb = new Workbook(oDialog.FileName);
- The pivot table’s data source is read as "CIPHR_MAIN_TABLE"
Then in line 85, where the pivot table has just been refreshed
- The pivot table’s data source is read as "Sheet!CIPHR_MAIN_TABLE"

Aspose.Cells v7.4.2.3 -
In “Form1.cs” line 32 code: Workbook wb = new Workbook(oDialog.FileName);
- The pivot table’s data source is read as "Sheet!CIPHR_MAIN_TABLE"
Then in line 85, where the pivot table has just been refreshed
- The pivot table’s data source is read as “Sheet1!$A$8:$K$9”
Hope I am just missing something
Hi,

Please download and try this latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.4 and let us know your feedback.

Your issue should be fixed in the new fix.

Thank you.

Hi,


We have ran some test with pivot tables, and the fix provided seems to have done the job.
The pivot source names are no longer changing.

Thanks

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved now. If you face any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums. We will be glad to help you.


Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41569) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.