Pivot table has DIV/0 with chart causes output Excel file corrupt in Java

Hi,
we use Aspose.Cells (java) 18.2 and then migrate to the latest release 19.6 we still facing the issue when we open the Excel file processed.
We can open the Excel file but we have an error message : “We found a problem with some content in ‘RESULT_REPORT.xlsx’ Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, clik Yes.”
And then in the file the chart is missing and the pivot table is not a pivot table anymore.

I attach the Excel template file that we use to reproduce the issue to this topic TEST_REPORT.zip (16.5 KB)

To reproduce, just add a new Excel sheet with aspose.

Regards.

In order to reproduce

@fadhely,

Thanks for the template file and details.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v19.6.5:
aspose-cells-19.6.5.zip (6.5 MB)

I have tested using the following sample code with your template file using v19.6.5, it works fine and the output file does not prompt an error message when opening the file into MS Excel:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("f:\\files\\GRG_bugged.xlsx");
		int i = workbook.getWorksheets().add();
		workbook.getWorksheets().get(i).setName("test");
		workbook.save("f:\\files\\out1.xlsx"); 

If you still find the issue with v19.6.5, kindly do provide your sample code (runnable) to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

Hi Amjad_Sahi,
thanks for your quick reply.
Unfortunately we still facing the issue with the version 19.6.5.
It won’t be easy for me to provide a runnable version of my application in order to debug it.
Is there any other way to proceed ?

Regards.

@fadhely,

I am afraid, without a working sample, it won’t be possible for us to evaluate your issue precisely. So, kindly do the needful and create a separate project (runnable) with our latest version/fix, zip the project and post us here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Hi Amjad_Sahi,
my issue seems to be related to this post in the forum:

I attached java class in order to reproduce the issue.
Please, check the method called ‘refreshPivotData()’ l.55

For your information i’ve used aspose-cells:19.7 version.

Regards.Main.zip (758 Bytes)

@fadhely,

Thanks for the sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found that the output file is corrupt and MS Excel prompts an error when opening the file into it. It looks like the issue might be with refreshing Pivot chart(s) in the file. Anyways, we will look into it. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42966” for your issue.

Once we figure it out or have an update on it, we will let you know.

@fadhely,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42966”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@fadhely,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v19.7.3:
aspose-cells-19.7.3.zip (6.6 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us kow your feedback.

Hi Amjad_Sahi and ahsaniqbalsidiqui,
the version 19.7.3 seems to fix the original issue
but I’m still have to process some additional tests and then i will update you about the result in few hours.

Could I consider the version 19.7.3 as production ready or do I have to wait for the next release 19.8, if so when this one will be released ?

Regards.

@fadhely,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Please take your time to evaluate the fix with your test cases.

You may use this fix as an official release, it includes all the functionality of the previous release v19.7 and some fixes and other enhancements. It is safe to use it on production server. However, you can expect the next official release of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v19.8 in the third or fourth week of August 2019.

Once the release is published (in Downloads section and maven repos.), you will also be notified in the thread.

Hi Amjad_Sahi,
on our side the fix solves the initial issue, so you can close this ticket.
I take notice that v19.7.3 is production ready.

Thanks.

Regards.

@fadhely,

Thanks for your feedback.

And, good to know that the fix passes your extensive tests.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42966) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v19.8. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by ahsaniqbalsidiqui