Pivot table issue (#100)

Hi,
In excel file, after open/save, some cells from pivot tables have their behaviour changed. Cells G1, G2, G3, H3, I3, J3 can’t be accessed in excel and their values can not be changed. And third row, from G to J column (G3, H3, I3 and J3) have their background color changed. Can you help with this?

I am using aspose.cells for Java 17.11.0

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("pivot.xlsx");
workbook.save("pivot-xx.xlsx");

pivot.zip (23.5 KB)

Regards,
Zeljko

@Zeljko,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by simply open/save the template file. I found that pivot table’s formatting and behavior are changed after open/save the template file via Aspose.Cells APIs. For example, Cells G1, G2, G3, H3, I3, J3 can’t be accessed and their values cannot be changed. In the third row, from G to J column (e.g G3, H3, I3 and J3) have their background color changed. I guess since your pivot table has external references, so it is not retaining its formattings/behavior. Anyways, I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42604” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@Zeljko,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42604”) now. After performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes, we will provide you the fix in the next few days.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42604) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 18.5. Please also see the document for your reference: Installation|Documentation