Pivot Table Problems with Smart Markers

I have created a "template" XLSX file that uses Smart Markers to populate some rows (see attached). I then have a Pivot Table created against those rows. This used to work perfect in the previous version of Cells (over a year ago), but now when I call Process, ASPOSE throws exceptions like:

System.ArgumentException: this name or range is not supported.

or

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

My code is pretty simple:

Aspose.Cells.WorkbookDesigner designer = new Aspose.Cells.WorkbookDesigner();
designer.Workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(@"c:\template.xlsx");
designer.SetDataSource(DataTableofInputData); // Pass in a simple data table
designer.Process(); // This call crashes with my attached XLSX file

If I add or remove columns in the attached template XLSX file, I can change the Exeption.

Any ideas what broke or changed in the newer versions of ASPOSE.Cells? Or how I can make this work? I tried ASPOSE.Cells 7.12 thru the latest and all behave the same way.

thanks!

Hi,

Could you please download and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.3 and let us know if it works fine now.

If you still find the issue, please create a sample console application using your template file to show the issue on our end, you may use create some datatable dynamically (at runtime) to set data source for the markers accordinly. You may zip the application and post it here. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

That new patch does seem to fix the exceptions. Is this a released patch?

Hi,

Well, in latest versions, we made some enhacements regarding PivotTables.

We normally release official releases of the product (Aspose.Cells for .NET) once in a month. You can expect the next official release of the product before the end of this month.

Moreover, you may use this fix as long as you wish without any problem, it will behave like an official release in your production server. it contains all the full fledged features/functionality of v7.3.3 (official release) till current fix. It is an intermediate kind of version which is provided as a fix against some bugs and new features/enhancements. Normally, a bug fix version is posted in the support forums for our clients. Moreover, it is to be noted that our next official release would include all the functionality of the previous fixes (including this one too).

Thank you.