Pivot Table RefreshData function does Not work directly with Power Query

Hello, I am currently trying to run the code attached below.
test.zip (19.8 KB)

I keep getting an Error: ‘this data source is not supported.’

I was under the impression this should work, and you are working on integrating Power Pivot Model to refresh automatically for Power Pivot as well. Essentially, the Pivot Table RefreshDate function should be the same as clicking ‘Refresh All’ button on the Data tab, programmatically.

Thanks,
Michael Kelly

@mkellyOHA,
Thank you for sharing code and sample data. This issue is logged under Id: CELLSNET-47434 and is still pending. I am afraid that for the time being we may not support PivotTable with DataModel. We will write back here once any update is ready to share.

This issue is logged as:

CELLSNET-47434- "This data source is not supported" exception while calling RefreshData on the Pivot Table

@mkellyOHA,

This feature is complicated, We will support it in the fourth quarter of 2020.

@Amjad_Sahi

Could you please give an update as to where this refresh is now? We would like to plan accordingly given when this will be available. I appreciate the support and hard work.

Thanks,
Michael

@mkellyOHA,

We are gathering the details and will update you soon on it.

@mkellyOHA,
We can’t support PivotTable with DataModel for now. We expect to support them in the second quarter of 2021.

I appreciate your time estimating this! Please keep up updated if it gets done sooner.

Thank you,
Michael

@mkellyOHA,
Sure, we will inform you about any update.