Pivot Table value correction is lost when the source table gets modified to have no empty cells

Hi,

We are trying to create a template .xlsx file by removing information from an input file. Using Aspose.Cells works really well at doing this.

However it has an issue with retaining replacement values in a pivot table i.e. replace all “(blank)” values with a less messy entry such as "-"s.

Below is a simplified step by step of the process we see the issue in.
  1. Clear an input file of all data except for the tables’ column headers.
  2. Save file after data has been removed.
  3. Populate the whole source table making sure there are no blank cells.
  4. Update Pivot tables
  5. Save the file after the file has been repopulated.
  6. Populate only some cells in the source table; making sure there are blank cells within the table.
  7. Update the pivot table.
  8. Final time the file is saved after making sure that the source table contains empty cells.
ISSUE: The second file created (from Step 5) no longer has the replacement value for “(blank)”.

It seems that the replacement value is not remembered if the pivot table got updated while the source table did not have any empty cells.

Additional Information:
- When you do the same thing in Office Excel (fill in all empty cells in the source table then update the pivot table); the replacement value is remembered and reappears when the source table is edited to have empty cells again.

I have attached a sample project to demonstrate the issue. I have also attached an input file for you to use.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us sample project.

I observed the issue by running your sample project with your template file but I am not entirely certain if this is an issue with the product or expected behavior. We need to investigate the issue. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42305” for your issue. Our concerned developer will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

@sgastardo,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v21.6.3 (attached)
Aspose.Cells21.6.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.6.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.6.3 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.
Let us know your feedback.