We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Placement of text in a floating frame

Tommy suggested I post this in the Aspose.Words forum:

I’m using Aspose.Words to populate an envelope template, which I then convert to PDF. The problem is that the template uses a floating frame for the address block, which Aspose.Words converts to normal text and therefore Aspose.PDF can’t position the block in the right spot.

Here’s a link to the discussion in the PDF forum:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/132381

I’m attaching a zip file with the template, the output from Aspose.Words and the output from Aspose.PDF.

Thanks for taking a look.
Michael

Yes, that is a known problem. I have logged it to our defect base as issue #1517, we will look at it during the fixing round before the next release. Although, I can say that we will hardly fix this anytime fast, as text frames are tricky and it is hard to support them well in the model. They are also considered obsolete in MS Word and are supported only for backwards compatibility.

I suggest you use floating textboxes instead. They are now well supported in Aspose.Words and are exported into PDF correctly.

That’s great news. I’ve changed the templates so they use text boxes instead of frames and everything is working great now.

By the way, when I created the envelope template, I used the “Labels and Envelopes” tool built in to Word. Interesting that Word itself used the floating frame instead of the text box.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 1517) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.