Plans to support Internet Print Protocol (IPP)?

Hello,

I’m interested in printing to various printers accessible on the Internet via IPP. I’m not really sure how to accomplish this, so I thought I’d check with Aspose first. Any plans to support this protocol in Aspose.Network? If you have any other suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

Mike

Hello,

Do you mean to print the document to a network printer? If this printer is in the Windows networks, I think Microsoft already supports it well. Could you provide me more details of your scenario?

Here are some posts I got from the website, check it out.

[http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread225025.html ](http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread225025.html)

Best regards.

Hello,

Thank you for your post and the link.

The challenge here is that I’d like to print to one or more printers that are not on my local network. Essentially, I have a ASP.Net web application that uses Aspose.Words to create Word documents. Some of my customers have indicated that they would like the documents they create to print automatically on a printer located on their network, via a public IP address.

They would open a port on their firewall to allow my (publicly accessible) server to reach the printer on their network. They would provide me an IP address that would have some kind of printer attached (although I would never know what kind of printer, nor would I have any kind of print driver, etc.).

Not really knowing anything about Internet Printing Protocol, what I’m hoping to accomplish is that with just an IP address and perhaps this protocol, I could somehow connect to this IP address and queue the document for printing.

What would be really exciting for me would be to have some utilities in Aspose.Network that would accomplish this for me, something like:

Printer p = new Printer(“60.34.123.40”);
doc.Save( p.ResponseStream() ); // Maybe using streams I could direct the output to the printer object?

I know I’m dreaming here, but thought I’d ask. Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

Mike

Hello, Mike,

Thanks for the details.

It makes me more clear about the picture. We will do some investigation and get back to you shortly.

Best regards