PlotEmptyCellsType

Hi

Is it possible to set interpolation of empty cells in data chart? This option is possible in Aspose.Cells and it is called PlotEmptyCellsType.Interpolated but in Aspose.Slides I cannot find any similar functionality.

Best regards,

Chris

Hi
Chris,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to understand the requirements shared by but have not been able to understand them clearly. Can you please share details about your requirement along with sample presentation highlighting that. I will try my best to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Ok, so I’ll send you two sample files that show the best of what functionality I’m talking about. In one file there is data series which the dots are not connected with lines (because there are gaps in chart data). Second file is what I want to get - data series with connected points.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing your requirements. I have observed the requirements shared by you and regret to share that PlotEmptyCellsType property is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33792 as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing the feature.

However, when I created the similar chart in PowerPoint and for missing series data, MS PowerPoint does not exhibit the same out put as required by you. In fact, PowerPoint renders the plot line between consecutive points and for missing series data the line discontinues. So, our development team will see whether it is possible using Aspose.Slides or not. Secondly, when I tried to set the empty cell value for chart series data, Aspose.Slides renders that as 0. It seems to be an issue and I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33791 as bug in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. I have used the following code snippet to resolve the issue. I have also shared the generated presentations by Aspose.Slides and PowerPoint for your kind reference.

public static void AddLineCharts()
{
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx();
SlideEx slide = pres.Slides[0];
ChartEx chart = slide.Shapes.AddChart(ChartTypeEx.LineWithMarkers, 20, 20, 400, 400);

ChartDataEx chData=chart.ChartData;

chData.Series.Clear();
chData.ChartDataCellFactory.Clear(0);
int defaultWorksheetIndex = 0;

//Getting the chart data worksheet
ChartDataCellFactory fact = chart.ChartData.ChartDataCellFactory;

int id=chData.Series.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 0, 1, “Test”), chart.Type);

//Adding new categories
chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 1, 0, “Cat 1”));
chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 2, 0, “Cat 2”));
chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 3, 0, “Cat 3”));
chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 4, 0, “Cat 4”));
chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 5, 0, “Cat 5”));
chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 6, 0, “Cat 6”));

//Take first chart series
ChartSeriesEx series = chart.ChartData.Series[id];

//Now populating series data
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 1, 1, 20));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 2, 1, String.Empty));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 3, 1, 30));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 4, 1, 10));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 5, 1, String.Empty));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 6, 1, 40));

// Save presentation with chart
pres.Write(@“D:\Aspose Data\AsposeChart.pptx”);

}

Many Thanks,
Hi,
Thanks for investigation but yesterday late evening I fonud this functionality in Aspose.Slides. It is called DisplayBlanksAsTypeEx.Span and makes the same thing as PlotEmptyCellsType.Interpolated in Aspose.Cells (at least I think so :) ).

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your information. I have observe the proeprty shared by you and using the following statement will do the trick for you.

chart.DisplayBlanksAs = DisplayBlanksAsTypeEx.Span;

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,