Poor image quality when saving as PDF

Hi,

When saving a document to PDF I get very poor quality of the logo image.
I use a .docx document as a template containing a .png logo.

When saving the new document as a docx-file everything looks fine but when saving it to pdf it looks awful.
I have tried PdfSaveOptions() “downsample_options.downsample_images = False” as well as resolution_threshold but it doesn’t get any better.

Also experimented with color settings, “image_color_space_export_mode”, but it didn’t work at all, I got an errormessage.

How can I get the full quality of the png-logo in a pdf?

Best regards
Sune

@SuneVav Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information. Have you tried saving your document as PDF using MS Word? Is the quality in this case also not perfect?

Thanks Alexey,

When saving as PDF in MS Word on a Windows machine the image is rendered perfectly.
And when editing the document with Python / AW it looks perfect when saved as .docx but not as .pdf.
The same thing when I tried a completely empty document with just a logo.

However, I played around a bit and tried deleting and adding the picture and tried different formattings for the imported .png file, the ones you can choose in MS Word when moving the image around.

Somehow I was able to get a document template where the resulting pdf looked much better.
Actually it is good enough.

Exactly why this happened and what made it suddenly rendering a better image I don’t know.
But for now, I have the template I need to proceed.

Thanks again!

Best regards
Sune

@SuneVav It is perfect that you managed to resolve the problem on your side. Please feel free to ask in case of any issues, we are always glad to help you.

Yes but I didn’t really solve it. The quality is “good enough” but it is still worse than saving to PDF in MS Word.
Something happens that reduce the quality of images in a PDF file when rendering a PDF in Aspose Words and I would really appreciate if this is something you could look into.

@SuneVav Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? We will check the issue on our side and provide you more information. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without real documents.

I understand. It’s not possible for me to upload that specific document but I will try to create
another document for test purposes.
If I’m able to replicate the issue in that document I’ll upload it.

@SuneVav Thank you, we will wait for your inputs.