We are looking for a toolkit that can convert PDF pages to an image.
So we did some tests with different toolkits including Aspose.Pdf (we have an Aspose.Total license)
We looked at the performance and quality of the conversion (if the resulting image was correct).
These are the results:
Toolkit Time Correct (of 30 documents)
Aspose 109s 27
PDF4Net 81s 21
Atalasoft 55s 27
GdPicture 61s 27
Gnostice 248s 16
ceTeSoftware 29s 30
PDF Tron 48s 27
As you can see the quality of the Aspose conversion is good (good enough for us): only 3 of 30 documents were converted incorrectly of which 2 were only small color errors.
The performance of Aspose.Pdf is however poor. It also seems to use a lot of memory during conversion; much more than the other toolkits.
1. do you think it is possible to improve the speed of the conversion or is there no room for improvement due to the way the toolkit was build?
2. do you have plans to improve the speed and memory consumption in the near future?
Thank you and best regards,
Thanks for your response.
I attached some PDF’s that take (relatively) much time to convert.
PDF Aspose Other toolkits
Q10MRC.pdf 17s between 2 and 4s
100516.pdf 17s between 2 and 7s
bug1407.pdf 8s between 1 and 3s
It would be great if you were able to improve the performance!
best regards, Corné
- Performance issue related to 100516.pdf is logged as PDFNEWNET-37201.
- Performance issue related to Q10MRC.pdf is logged as PDFNEWNET-37202.
- Performance issue related to Bug1407.pdf is logged as PDFNEWNET-37203.
Any progress in improving the performance?
Are you planning to improve the performance and if so, when do you think this will be ready?
The development team has been busy fixing previously reported issues and I am afraid the above stated problems are not yet resolved. Nevertheless, I have requested the development team to share any possible ETA and as soon as I have some updates regarding its resolution, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.
We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.