Poor quality when rendering with speaker notes

I am having a quality problem when rendering presentations with speaker notes. The slide becomes very grainy and looks to be rendered in a poor resolution. This is only a problem when showing speaker notes, when I render the presentation without speaker notes everything looks fine.

Is there a way to set the resolution to use when rendering with speaker notes? is there anyway to improve this quality?

I use the following code to render my presentations:

Presentation doc = new Presentation(filename);

PdfOptions options = new PdfOptions();
options.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(false);
options.setSufficientResolution(128f);

INotesCommentsLayoutingOptions notesOptions = options.getNotesCommentsLayouting();
notesOptions.setNotesPosition(NotesPositions.BottomFull);

doc.save(outputFilename, SaveFormat.Pdf, options);

Attached is a presentation you can use for testing: Nikola_Tesla.zip (1.6 MB) and here is an example of the output: out.pdf (707.1 KB).

You will see that on the second slide one cannot read the city and road names, this is not a problem when rendering without speaker notes.

@sbd,

I have worked with source file and sample code shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 19.2 and unable to observe any issue. I have also shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. Please check attachment. Please share environment details along with comparison screenshot to further investigate to help you out.Nikola_Tesla.pdf (487.2 KB)

@Adnan.Ahmad,
Here is a screenshot that illustrates the difference Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 8.42.50 AM.jpg (472.2 KB).

It’s a screenshot of the maps on slide 2 from the original file and from the rendered with speaker notes. You can clearly see the rendered version is very grainy and poor quality, for specific examples see:

• Road names on the pink map are in-legible in the rendered version
  • Lines are broken up because they are pixelated
  • Compass on the map to the right is very grainy
  • The text “Union County” is clearly pixelated in the rendered version
  • City names on the right side map are no longer legible

@sbd,

Can you please try to use following code snippet on your end. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue. I have also shared my generated result with you.Nikola_TeslaRatio.pdf (487.2 KB)

PdfOptions po = new PdfOptions();
po.setBestImagesCompressionRatio(true);

This setting makes no difference the images are still grainy and in-legible when saving to PDF with slide notes.

On the PDF you attached you’ll see on page 3 that:

• Road names on the pink map are in-legible
  • Lines are broken up because they are pixelated in the pink map
  • Compass on the map to the right is very grainy
  • The text “Union County” is clearly pixelated
  • City names on the right side map are no longer legible

@sbd,

I have worked with source file and sample code share by you. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37592 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37592) have been fixed in this update.