Populate Values when Child & Parent Fields in Word Template have the Same Names | LINQ Reporting Engine C# .NET

I cannot access the data when the parent and child has the same name. For example: address.address will not work, while address.oldAddress will work. I’m not sure if this is by design. How can I get the value of the address.address without changing the structure of the passed data source? Thanks.

The below file contains the code, template, and result. I expect that the old address is printed in the resulted pdf file.

https://contemiukltd365-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ryan_nguyen_contemi_com/EbXkx2VjV1RDl6TRE6Hvi9UBsroPTBdsh-8XmDcuJm0xZg?e=gKFAMu

@RyanNguyen,

Your ticket number for this problem is WORDSNET-20621. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

Thank you for your support.

Hi @awais.hafeez, any update on this? I’m really curious to know if this is actually an issue with the code or this is by-design. Thanks.

@RyanNguyen,

WORDSNET-20621 is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as this issue will get resolved in future or any more updates may be available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@RyanNguyen,

Regarding WORDSNET-20621, we can confirm that the problem you reported here is actually an issue in current version of Aspose.Words API. We are planning to implement and integrate the fix of this issue in 20.8 or 20.9 version. We will inform you here as soon as a future version containing the fix of WORDSNET-20621 will be released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20621) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.9 update.

A post was split to a new topic: Populate Values when Parent Child Fields in Word Template have the Same Names | LINQ Reporting Engine C# .NET