Populating an existing table that contains an Array Formula generates bad file

Hi,

I am not sure if I am missing something here, but we are having issue with populating a table that has an Array Formula.

We have a template file which contains tow known tables, one “MAIN_TABLE” to hold data and another table in a different sheet to use as a reference table. The array formula is present in the reference table, but there is no data at all in the file except for the formula.

When we try to populate the table with data then saving the populated file, we are unable to open the generated file.

If I have done something wrong with the way I handle array formula (no code used as of version 7.4.3.5; We used to copy the array formulas into all cells within the array formula’s column) please let me know. Since we upgraded to v7.5.0.1 we have stopped using our code to populate the whole column with the array formula and just saved the file.

I have attached a small project to show a smaller version of the code we use and to demonstrate what I mean by my explanation above.
I have also attached a input file “input empty table with array formula.xlsx” that contains an array formula.
Running this project will attempt to populate the tables then generated an xlsx file called “generated file.xlsx”.

The generated file will fail to open when you try.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to notice this issue. The output file is corrupt and the array formula is invalid. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41781.

Thank, you for confirming our issue.

We look forward to receiving a fix or work around for his issue.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.0.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Unfortunately we are still experiencing the issue, the generated file still can't be opened.

Please see the attached mini project and use the attached input file "input file with Array Formula to be cleared and repopulated.xlsx". The generated file "generatedFile2.xlsx" cannot be opened. "generateFile.xlsx" is the intermediate file (empty tables before it gets repopulated).

Hi,

We found, you are using the older version. Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.5.0.2
. It works fine as we have tested it.

We have attached the output files for your reference.

Hi,

Thank you for pointing out the issue with the mini project. I have updated the version to 7.5.0.2 and found that the that mini project cannot replicate the issue we are finding in our main development application. It is possible that the issue is caused by the large number of dummy data we are using to populate the source table.

I will try and modify the mini project to simulate the population of data into the source table, and I will come back here in this thread.

Thank you

Hi,

I have updated the application to a more later version of Aspose.Cells and also found that the reason why I couldn’t reproduce the issue in the small project was because the input file’s table containing the array formula was not sorted.

The corrupted file is only generated if the input file contains an Array formula and the table containing the formula is sorted using Aspose.Cells.SortOrder.

I have logged this as a different issue as the array formula issue was resolved as long as the table containing it is not sorted. Note that the version used in the new thread is Aspose.Cells 7.5.0.4.

Thank you

Hi,

Please see your other thread for a reply.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/91504