Portion format not applied if first portion has empty / blank text

Hi,

I have 3 portions in a paragraph. "A ", "B " and "C ". A is red, B is blue and C is green. This outputs as expected in PPT and PPTX.

When I change the text of the first portion, from "A " to “” (blank / empty) the styles for B and C are no longer applied in PPT, but they work in PPTX.

Thank-you for your time.

IAutoShape shape1 = _presentation.Slides[0].Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 20, 20, 100, 50);
shape1.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape1.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.White;

//
// "A ", "B ", "C "
//
shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = "A ";
shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions.Add(new Portion("B "));
shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions.Add(new Portion("C "));

shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red;

shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[1].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[1].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Blue;

shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[2].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape1.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[2].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Green;

IAutoShape shape2 = _presentation.Slides[0].Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 20, 100, 100, 50);
shape2.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape2.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.White;

//
// “”, "B ", "C "
//
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “”; // empty / blank
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions.Add(new Portion("B "));
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions.Add(new Portion("C "));

shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red;

shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[1].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[1].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Blue;

shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[2].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[2].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Green;
Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements and worked with the code shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-36845 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

thank-you for your great customer service. I will keep an eye on the bug fix ticket. Thanks.

Hi David,

We will keep you updated via this forum thread and will share the notification with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36845) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.